Ink to Paper :: Transformation Tuesday :: Joy!


Happy Tuesday!  It's Transformation Tuesday at Ink to Paper, in fact, and I'm sharing a variation of a card that I made very recently.  My original card is only from a couple of weeks ago, but it has quickly become one of my favorites.  I love the easy design of it and the Season of Joy wreath is both beautiful and in-season all year long.  I made the other card with autumn in mind, so I decided to make a Christmas card, being that Season of Joy is an intended holiday stamp set.  I used traditional Christmas colors and made a few small additions to dress it up a bit more.


I chose Pinefeather and Pure Poppy for the main colors; the wreath is 2 shades of Pinefeather--the regular saturated version, and then the second part of the wreath is Pinefeather that's been stamped off to get that softer green.  The little florals on the wreath are Pure Poppy.


I set up the background the same way I set them up on the previous card; by arranging the 6 die cut wreaths around the backing panel.  In this case, however, I added a few of the little dotted stamps in True Black to the background, whereas the original had a plain white backing.


This card is horizontal, instead of vertical and the card base, which you get a small glimpse of, is Pure Poppy.  I chose a red cardstock frame instead of the Luxe Gold and I ink blended the white interior of the frame with Pinefeather ink, where I've adhered glittery gold J-O-Y die cuts.  I also decided to add a little extra bling to this card with some scattered silver sequins--you can't have too much holiday sparkle!


The Season of Joy wreath is such a beautiful stamp that it deserves special attention in every season, but I think I'll definitely be using it a lot this Christmas.  I love the simplicity and cleanliness of the original autumn card, but I love just as much the extra details and colors on this card.  I'm curious which version of this card you prefer?


Supplies:
Stamps: Season of Joy
Ink: Pinefeather, Pure Poppy, Berry Sorbet, True Black
Paper: Pure Poppy, White, gold glitter
Dies: Season of Joy, It's a Sign: Beautiful, It's a Sign: Love & Kindness
Other: sequins, blending brush, foam tape

Comments

  1. I love your cards, especially the one where you used the Pinefeather and Pure Poppy inks. Thank you for the inspiration, Rebecca.

    ~Sharlini

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

i do appreciate your comment!
~Rebecca