Spellbinders :: October Kit :: Sparkling Holidays

The Spellbinders October kit is a gorgeous holiday-themed kit filled with florals, a cool color palette, and silver glittery embellishments.  It's called Sparkling Holidays and it's still available in their shop--it's not too late to subscribe this month to receive this kit!


I'm sharing 4 cards today that I made with the kit.  I have another 2 in the works, so I hope to share those with you soon, as well.  I always get ideas for tons of cards when I work with these kits, but sometimes there's only so much time I have to actually make them and often I'll have a box of leftover, half-finished ideas!  Does that happen to you, too?!


My first card has a lot of pinks with hunter green.  I went through a phase where I HATED that hunter green color!  I think it had been pretty on-trend for awhile and after that I was over it.  But in the last couple of years, especially around the holidays, I've found myself drawn to it again and I've been using it A LOT this year for my Christmas and fall projects.  Sparkling Holidays has some hints of the color and it makes a really nice accent for the pinks, purples, and blues in the kit.


I used the stamp set in the kit to stamp a subtle background of pine branches in Watermark ink, then layered on some pink and cream poinsettia die cuts.  They each have a silver glitter center which makes them really sparkly!


One of the dies in the kit is a pine branch and I used a lot of those throughout my projects with this kit.  Here, they fill in behind the flowers.  I added the silver deer toward the bottom of the card, as well as a stamped 'sending' and 'Holiday Cheer' die cuts for my sentiment.  Holiday and Cheer are dies, and they're my favorite kind of dies--singular words that don't also need to be stamped; just cut them out and use as is on whatever type of project you're making.  So simple!


My next card is another floral one, with some more hunter green and a pretty purple patterned paper background.  The second I saw those glittery winter poppy die cuts, I was smitten!  I arranged them with some deep green leaves and a mass of dark mustard-colored pine branches.



'Merry Christmas' are the 2 other word dies in the kit.  The colors on this card are a fun alternative to a traditional red and green palette, but you could add hints of red here, too, I think, and it would still be pretty.


Brightening things up with the next card, which features some shades of light blue paired with the pinks and greens.  The 'Christmas wish' with the lighter green detailed pine boughs is a 3-D sticker from the kit (but you can purchase it separately as well).  Those small pink poinsetties are more dies from the kit.  I've added tiny ice blue jewel stickers to their centers; those come in the kit, too!


I felt compelled to get that deep green in on this card, adding some die cut branches behind the sticker poinsettias.  You'll also see a silver foiled slice of wood patterned paper layered underneath the sticker, which was one of my favorite papers from the 6x6 pad!


Finally, my last card is made from only the kit Add-ons, all of which can be purchased on their own, with no club membership required.  The only piece that's not an extra is the gray cardstock card base.  It's covered with a piece of patterned paper--which IS an extra.


The cute little mouse hanging out in the pink mitten is a 3-D sticker, and I embellished the card further with a 'joy' die cut and a pretty present.  The final touch was the 'oh what fun' sentiment sticker.


You can find all of the Card Kit Membership information HERE (This link is the same for each monthly kit).  You can find the Add-Ons HERE (just look for SPARKLING HOLIDAYS in the product title).  Information about all Spellbinders clubs can be found HERE.  If you have any questions I can help you with, please feel free to leave a comment and I'll do my best to get an answer to you :)

I still hope to be back before the month is over with those other 2 half-finished cards--cross your fingers! Enjoy your weekend!

Comments