Ink to Paper :: October Release :: Day One


Yay!  It's Day One of the Ink to Paper October release!  This is going to be a pretty exciting release for me, as I have a couple of fun designs coming up in a couple days that I think you'll like :)  I don't want to get ahead of myself, though, since the stamps and dies that we're looking at before that are awesome, too.  It's ALL about Christmas this week so I hope you're ready!


First up, we're taking a look at some new sets in the It's a Sign series.  There are a couple of stamp sets and a few die collections releasing this month that coordinate with each other.  It's nice to have so many frames to choose from in various sizes for sentiments.


Pine boughs are some of my favorite holiday decorations and embellishments.  When I saw the images in It's a Sign: Christmas Boughs I decided to try and make my frame look like an authentic sign hanging on a wall.  I chose a brick background, embossed the round wood frame with gold powder to mimic a gilded frame, and added Christmas greenery around it like you might with your real wall hangings at this time of year.


With the projects I've made so far for the release, I've been using a lot of Pinefeather so I think that must be my green of choice for this season.  I've used it here on the pine branches and stamped it off for the lighter color of the leaves.  These two shades of green are definitely my favorites right now!  I didn't want to do red, though, so I chose a deep pink instead.  Melon Berry is a lighter alternative for Pure Poppy at Christmastime; it still provides a reddish tint, but is softer and complements the Pinefeather elements beautifully.


To simulate a brick wall, I used the Rustic Brick background stamp on which I hung my frame.  I stamped it in Watermark ink on Melon Berry card stock.  I die cut the upside-down V-shaped hanger from True Black card stock and cut the little nail head from Silver Luxe, then added a black embroidery floss bow.


The circle frame is a new set called It's A Sign: Wood Frames, and I've embossed it over a color washed background of Sweet Blush re-inker mixed with a bit of water.  Then I stamped and cut out my greens and berries which are layered in opposite corners of the frame so as to draw the eye to what's in-between them--the 'warm Christmas wishes' sentiment.


Supplies:
Stamps: It's a Sign: Christmas Bough, It's a Sign: Wood Frames, Rustic Brick Background
Ink: Pinefeather, Berry Sorbet, Watermark
Paper: Berry Sorbet, True Black, White, Luxe Silver, watercolor
Dies: It's a Sign: Christmas Bough, It's a Sign: Wood Frames
Other: Sweet Blush Re-inker, gold & black embossing powders, foam tape, black embroidery floss


I wanted to make a second project with these supplies, and as an avid tag-maker, I'm so excited for the new It's a Sign sets with the coordinating dies.  They're perfect for layering and so many of Ink to Paper's sentiments fit them.  After adding my go-to style of 'framing the frame' with the sweet pine branches, leaves, and berry clusters, I've gotten the jump on Christmas wrapping with this pretty tag trio!


The base for these tags is the matching die to the rectangular Wood Frame stamp and it's cut from Pinefeather cardstock.  A simple background of pine branches stamped with Watermark ink adds an elegant, coordinating detail to the tags.



I used the new IAS: Stitched Frames to hold my sentiments, which are from last month's Just Sentiments: Be Merry mini set.  I've embossed each one in white.



For most of the embellishing, I simply die cut the leaves and pine branches from Pure Poppy, Saffron Spice, and Sweet Blush cardstock and then stamped the matching images in Watermark ink.  The only exception are the pink berry clusters stamped in Sweet Blush on white paper.


The final touch is the tiny 'nail head' as the hole reinforcement/decoration to string metallic gold thread through the tag for a package tie-on.  I love that little detail!


Supplies:
Stamps: It's a Sign: Christmas Bough, Just Sentiments: Be Merry
Ink: Sweet Blush, Watermark
Paper: Pinefeather, Sweet Blush, Saffron Spice, Pure Poppy, Ocean Tides, White, Gold Luxe
Dies: It's a Sign: Christmas Bough, It's a Sign: Wood Frames, It's a Sign: Stitched Frames
Other: white embossing powder, gold thread


Finally, there are a few more It's a Sign goodies making their debut today--It's a Sign: Holiday Sentiments, It's a Sign: Hanging Frames, and It's a Sign: Hanging Frames Layers.  There are so many, right?!  So many choices, possibilities, and ways to hang and frame your favorite sentiments!


I didn't want to put away my pine bough stamp just yet, so I used it to frame my entire card.  I stamped around the edge of the card in, you guessed it, Pinefeather dark and Pinefeather light.  Next, on a sheet of vellum, I took the snow flurry stamp from Peaceful Forest to create a silver background of falling snow.  I covered the original white panel with the pine branches to soften the scene.


I stamped my hanging frame in Lilac Grace, then stamped the rope hanger in Winter Wisteria.  I really wanted to use Sweet Blush again, or some kind of pink, but since I've been using them a lot already, I went for something more unexpected with the purples!


My sentiment is fitting with the shiny silver blizzard, and it too is embossed in silver.  Finally, I added a silver die cut star to the hanger.  Not only am I getting a jump on my holiday tag-making, I'll also have a nice stack of cards ready for sending by the time this release is over!


Supplies:
Stamps: It's a Sign: Holiday Sentiments, It's a Sign: Hanging Frames, It's a Sign: Christmas Bough, Peaceful Forest
Ink: Pinefeather, Lilac Grace, Winter Wisteria, Watermark
Paper: White cardstock, vellum
Dies: It's a Sign: Holiday Sentiments, It's a Sign: Hanging Frames, It's a Sign: Hanging Frames Layers
Other: silver embossing powder

There's so much more to come in the next few days so I hope you'll come back for all of it!  If you haven't been to the Ink to Paper blog yet, definitely get over there for some beautiful projects by the rest of the team.  All of these products will be available to purchase in the Ink to Paper shop on October 15 at 10pm EST.  See you tomorrow!

Comments