Ink to Paper :: October Release :: Day Two

Day Two of the Ink to Paper October release is in full swing with more fun stamps and dies!  We're featuring some cute singing animals with Critter Carolers and a whimsical sentiment set called Happy Happy Holidays.  Both are sets that are great for making kids' holiday cards and tags, but I'm sure adults will be just as delighted to see these images grace their greetings and packages!  The third and final set for today is called Framing Florals: Christmas, which is a pretty set for all of your holiday needs.


I started out with Critter Carolers and Happy Happy Holidays, stamping the bear critter on a white tag and embossing it in gold.  I colored the ears, cheeks, and belly with a blending pen and Berry Sorbet and Pale Peony inks, then die cut a little winter hat for him (or her) to wear.  I used the same technique, embossing and blending, but this time I colored it with Mint Julep ink.  I set those aside for a few minutes.


Since the stamp set is called Critter Carolers, I took the 'falala' sentiment from Happy Happy Holidays and stamped a full background panel of it on kraft paper.  I also filled in some of the gaps with the music notes from the critters set, then embossed the entire sheet in white.


Before adhering the tag to the falala background, I tied pink twine and some little jingle bells to it.  This is just the kind of card my nieces would love!


Supplies:
Stamps: Critter Carolers, Happy Happy Holidays
Ink: Berry Sorbet, Mint Julep, Pale Peony, Watermark
Paper: Classic Kraft, white
Dies: Critter Carolers, Tagged & Labeled
Other: white & gold embossing powders, pink twine, silver thread, jingle bells, foam tape, blending pen

My second card is basically a one-layer card with a few exceptions.  It's costly enough to mail out cards to everyone you know, but when they're thick and heavy, weighed down with embellishments or fattened up with lots of layers and extras (like bells), then it gets even more expensive!  I'm not saying I don't still make and mail those cards out for the holidays, but it's also nice to have a bunch of cards you can mail--and make--inexpensively.


The Framing Florals: Christmas set has some really pretty stamps and dies to create a nice frame around a sentiment or photo.  This card isn't bulky, but it's detailed and colorful which keeps it from falling onto the boring side of the line.


I began with a Sweet Blush card, and I took the cluster of simple dots from the It's a Sign: Holiday Sentiments stamp set to decorate the background of the card, stamping the dots repeatedly.  I didn't want to stamp inside the wreath I was going to be using so after I die cut that, I used the inside negative piece to mask that portion of the card.  Following the stamping, I embossed the dots in white.  I chose 'Merry Christmas' for my sentiment and used the die cut wreath as a guide to place the phrase, embossing it with rose gold powder.


Next, I had to build a wreath and choose colors.  I wanted to use something different than what I've been using for the holidays thus far, so I chose Enchanted Evening for the wreath and pine branches, Pure Poppy and Pale Peony for the poinsettias, Melon Berry and Pinefeather for the berry stems, and Honey Nut for the final floral.  After arranging each die cut, I adhered them in place, adding a few clear enamel droplets to embellish.


This card may be simple and thin, but I love it just as much as any of my other thicker cards, and I'll happily create several of this same card this year to send out to family and friends.  It's a good 'assembly line' card!

Supplies:
Stamps: Framing Florals: Christmas, It's a Sign: Holiday Sentiments
Ink: Enchanted Evening, Pure Poppy, Pale Peony, Melon Berry, Pinefeather, Honey Nut, Watermark
Paper: Sweet Blush, white
Dies: Framing Florals: Christmas
Other: gold & rose gold embossing powders, clear enamel droplets

Thanks you for coming by again today!  There's more to come tomorrow and Sunday, too, so don't miss out!  The blog at Ink to Paper has some wonderful projects and they always come with a few great tips.  All of the featured stamp and die collections will be available in the Ink to Paper shop on October 15 at 10pm EST.

Comments