The Stamp Market :: Jumbo Floral Tags


Hi there!  I'm popping in today with some super-colorful, great big tags for you that feature a ton of gorgeous color & paper from The Stamp Market!  Along with the Stamper's Dozen of TSM Color Crush ink and paper, September's release brought us the  new Bloom Street patterned papers and some great dies that are kind of a BIG deal.  I'm speaking, of course, about the Jumbo Alphabet and Jumbo Peony (and not-so-jumbo peony, too).  Those dies got me thinking about the Jumbo Tag die that came out a few months ago and I decided that all of these extra large die cuts should be used together to make some extra special gift toppers.


I wanted to use the colored papers for my tag bases so I decided to make the peonies out of black and white patterns.  I created 2 small peonies and one large one; I borrowed a plaid design from the original pack of patterned papers.  The fringy stamens are Citrine cardstock, but I held off on doing the leaves until I made the tags so I could choose which colors to use.


I chose bright, colorful patterns for the tags, though I stayed away from floral prints since I was decorating them with peonies already.  The thin striped rainbow design, the thicker striped rainbow design, and the Melon Orange paisley were my top picks, so I cut my jumbo tags from them.


Next, I had to choose from the Alphabet dies which initial to use with each tag.  On two of the tags, I cut the alpha out directly on them and backed them with more black and white papers.  Those 2 tags had room for the small peonies.


The larger peony is really jumbo so instead of cutting the letter out of the tag, I cut it out of polka dot paper and tied it onto the ribbon I used.  This peony has leaves of Mossy cardstock and uses 1/4" Chartreuse ribbon for a package tie-on.  I used a simple 'from:' stamp on a white paper scrap that runs the width of the tag.  All the stamps are from the Bunch of Bows set.


The peony on the thicker striped 'S' tag has leaves of Citrine and a 1/4" Bubble Gum ribbon tie-on.  I liked the sentiment 'a gift for you' so much that I used it here and on the third tag!


The third tag, by the way, has Mossy leaves again and I've used 1/4" Blush ribbon as the tie-on.  I opted to go with 2 sets of leaves for each flower, as well, for a little extra magic!  Also, I backed each patterned paper tag with a cardstock tag to make them sturdier.


These tags are super-colorful and big enough to work on larger gifts and packages, which I don't often showcase, mostly because they're harder to photograph than the smaller ones.  Rest assured, though, that large tags can be just as pretty and fun to make, as evidenced here.  Who wouldn't love to get a gift with such a blooming, happy tag topping it off?!


Comments