The Stamp Market :: October Release :: Pillow Box Gifts


Oooo!  Today is the 5th, making it release day for The Stamp Market, and one of my most favorite days of the month!  I'm always just as excited as I bet you are to see what's coming out from them each month, and this release has lots of good stuff for the holidays, including gift packaging!  You might be aware that gift wrapping is the most enjoyable papercrafting hobby for me, so it's always fun to create with new packaging products.


Before we get to the project details, we're having a little blog hop to celebrate the release.  You're going to get a look at some awesome new products and find amazing inspiration from the talented ladies on the team, including our newest member Ashlea Cornell!  Welcome, Ashlea, I'm so excited to have you join us!


Out today is the Pillow Box Die, and it's awesome!  It's easy to use and works great with the 6x6 paper packs from TSM, but it works pretty well with the Color Crush cardstocks, too.  I have examples of both today, and one is a holiday gift while the other is a birthday gift.


I'll start with the holiday box, which I made from Mossy cardstock.  Simply cut two of the pillow box panels and adhere them together.  But wait!  I embossed some pine branches on mine before I assembled them.  The stamp set Merry & Bright has several branches and I used them all to decorate the box, embossing them with white powder.  Ok, NOW you can put the box together :)


I cut a few of the new Holiday Greenery stems to accent the box.  You'll see Bubble Gum, glittery gold, and even some stems from Cherry Kisses cardstock that have also been embossed with the pine boughs to match the pillow box.


It's a fact (not an opinion) that every gift needs a tag so I cut out a Bubble Gum tag, along with a matching one in vellum.  I stamped 'presents are so fun!' on the vellum tag, then embossed it in gold.  That's also from a new set that is right up my alley--Gift Giving Greetings.  A little bit of Blush ribbon and metallic thread makes this a tidy little package!


You can also use the pillow box, as well as the Gift Giving Greetings stamps for non-holiday presents.  I created this package with the pink and white striped paper from the Bloom Street paper pack.  After I assembled the box, I wrapped it in lace to add some texture.


The pillow box die comes with another die to cut out 'FOR YOU'; I cut the letters out of the Citrine floral paper and adhered them to the box with 3-D foam, giving this package some dimension.



I left space in between the 2 words to tie ribbon around the box and to place a simple 'happy birthday' tag there.  You'll find that sentiment in the Gift Giving Greetings set.


There are so many new stamps and dies coming out today so be sure to check out The Stamp Market shop for all the new goodies!  Don't forget that we're having a blog hop to celebrate!  Happy hopping and shopping!


Comments

  1. Gorgeous colors and details on these beautiful pillow boxes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you gifted me one of these, I wouldn't care what was inside the box because the box itself would be a gift. They are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful set of gift boxes with so many bright and pretty colors and images!! Love the "Presents for you" and the lace on top! Love your decorations and placement of them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. georgeous colors and dzines.click here for stylsih and beautiful Pillow Packaging Boxes

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

i do appreciate your comment!
~Rebecca