Spellbinders :: Merry Everything Christmas Kit


When I opened the Merry Everything Christmas kit from Spellbinders, my daughter happened to be right there with me and her eyes absolutely lit up!  This kit is ENORMOUS, containing over 630 pieces!  If you're looking to get crafty this holiday season, you'll want to get your hands on this kit; you can make armloads of cards with it.  My daughter and I had the best time last weekend having a girls' crafty day while my husband and son went out to drive their RC cars.  There's no way I'll ever be able to use everything in the kit (AND I also got to create with the regular October card kit from Spellbinders, which is also a Christmas kit), so I let Nemy enjoy some of my good fortune, too.  I gave her some pieces to start with, but I had to be careful because she wanted to use everything and nothing speaks to a 6-year-old girl like a full sheet of shining gemstone stickers!!


Before I get to my projects, let me tell you a little more about the kit.  It's available right now and is NOT part of the Spellbinders clubs so anyone may purchase it.  It's a $115.00 value but currently retailing for $75.00.  This Christmas kit allows you to create 25+ cards and 24+ tags (and, honestly, you can create WAY MORE than that!); it features traditional holiday colors and themes, and it has a ton of sparkle!  Included are die cuts, stickers, red glitter alpha stickers, a stamp set, journal cards, cardstock, dies, and more.  You can find all the details HERE, along with inspiration photos.


Let's get to my projects.  I'm sharing my first 5 cards today, but I have 2 more and some tags still to come.  As with all Spellbinders kits, the die cuts are always my favorite part, and for this group of cards, I used many of them, especially all the different cute Christmas trees.


This first card features sisal tree die cuts with gold foil touches, and the green tree on the right is a sticker.  It's a 3-D sticker; the letter to Santa is attached with a foam dot.  There are a few more 3-D stickers in the kit and they're all super-cute!


My sentiment is a clear sticker, and I die cut the red bow myself.  The dies for this kit feature a car for you to assemble and you can 'tie on' an evergreen tree or a stack of presents.  The bow is for that, but I used it on a few different cards because what is Christmas without lots of bows?!


You can see my little buggy on this card; it's mint and silver and topped with a green tree, all ready to take home and decorate.  I used the glittery white cardstock that came with the kit as a snowy background, and die cut some tiny silver stars to add around the snow flurries.


The sentiment is a part of a journaling card that I trimmed down to fit in the top space of the card.


Next up is a duo of similar evergreen tree cards.  The first one uses different die cuts, which I attached with foam; I added some die cut gold stars to the trees and a 'tis the season sentiment.  I used another die cut bow, but this time I turned the loops down instead of up for a cute variation.


The background patterns are from the 6x6 paper pad, which is also included with the kit.


The other card features a bunch of wispy trees, though this time they are mostly from a patterned paper.  I did add two red cardstock trees on the ends that I cut with the die.


There are lots of silver and gold stars on this card, also cut from the dies.


My final card makes use of some of the blue elements in the kit, and I put a few different pieces together to create it.  There are 4 'Dear Santa' letters in envelope stickers in the kit and I paired this blue one with a green 'merry & bright' journal card and a die cut with gifts on it.


The doily is from my own stash, and the only element I've used that did not come in the kit.  Luckily, I was able to get my hands on a few of the gem stickers before my daughter used them all up!


If you're looking to get a head start on your Christmas card and tag making this year, the Merry Everything kit is a good way to do that.  It comes with 25 cards and envelopes, 24 patterned, pre-cut tags, some twine, and even adhesive, plus ALL the embellishments and products I've mentioned throughout this post.  Don't forget that I'll have more to share later this week and into next!  Come back soon!

Comments