Pinkfresh Studio :: Snow Globe Tags


Hey there!  I have some cute gift card holders to share today that I made from Pinkfresh Studio Home for the Holidays patterned paper and accented with tags I created with the Snow Globe Elements.  Of course those make adorable decor for cards and layouts, but they also make adorable gift tags!


I created mine just a little differently than their intended use, but the beauty of these products is that they really can be used any way you see fit.  I've done a little stamping on the white bases of each one, then added the gold acetate top to that.  Some have extra embellishments on those, as well.


You can find some cute small accent stamps in the recently released holiday sets.  Skiing By, for instance, has tiny trees and lots of sentiments that fit perfectly in the snow globes.  I also borrowed images and messages from Season's Greetings and Merry Days.


I thought the layered stickers from the Mixed Embellishment Pack were a nice fit with the snow globes; here I've used the wreath with the bird on it paired with a sentiment from Merry Days stamped in Passion Fruit ink.


A tree duo from Skiing By makes a nice image along the bottom of this snow globe.  Since the coordinating acetate topper says 'snow is falling,' I added some white heat embossed flurries from another stamp in the same set.  I didn't add anything to the outside of this tag; I liked it the way it was.  *I achieved that blue ink color by inking the stamp in Licorice, followed by Stargazer, and then stamping the image.  If you can't find the perfect color in Pinkfresh's 48-color palette, try mixing some of those colors together like I did to get just the right shade!*



Similar to the snowy scene in the previous globe, this one has gold flurries on the acetate.  There's some white space left empty of gold dots that's just the perfect place for a fitting sentiment--'take time to chase snowflakes.'  I stamped it in Evergreen ink and added the layered candy cane with the 'Merry Christmas' sentiment.


This snow globe is simple with its trio of die cut presents on the top of the acetate.  I adhered them with foam adhesive to get the dimension.  There are some gold foiled flakes on the acetate so I simply added a few on the inside, as well, with gold embossing powder and a stamp from Skiing By.


This tag is a bit different from the others; the acetate has a gold foiled sentiment that takes up most of the space so the white bottom part didn't need much else.  However, there are some tiny berries that accent the wreath in the Season's Greetings stamp set so I heat embossed a few of those in gold, then colored them in with Passion Fruit ink and a paint brush.  I used Evergreen on the itty bitty leaves.


I still wanted to add a larger image on the outside of the acetate layer so I stamped, embossed, and colored the bow from the same stamp set, then die cut it and adhered it toward the bottom of the tag.


The final snow globe tag has a Christmas tree die cut along with some stamped flakes on the inside.  These are the same blue combination--Stargazer and Licorice--that I stamped some trees with on a previous tag.  The 'happy holidays' stamp is from Skiing By, also, and it fits so well along the base of the snow globe.  I used Candy Apple, a deep red, for the ink.


I layered every globe base with its coordinating acetate topper and punched a 1/8" hole in each set.  In deciding what I wanted to do in terms of packaging for these tags, I decided to use coordinating patterned papers from the 6x6 pad and create holiday gift card holders.  You can use a template, die or opt for something you already have on hand to make your holder.  I made mine with the 1-2-3 Punch Board from We R Memory Keepers.  I followed the directions for a 2 1/2" x 3 1/2" envelope (which uses a 5 1/2" square of paper) and created 6 of them, choosing papers that would match each of my tags.


After assembling all of them, I tied them closed by wrapping fuzzy yarn around them.  Pretty seam binding ribbon looped through the yarn attaches each tag to its gift card holder.


The first time I laid eyes on the Snow Globe Elements pack, I marked them for tags.  They were super-fun to create and now I'm ready for the holidays with 6 gift card holders!

Comments