Spellbinders :: Merry Everything Christmas Kit, Part 2

Happy Friday!  I'm actually a little sad it's Friday today since it's my husband's last vacation day with us; he's been off for 2 weeks while the kids have fall break and he goes back to work Monday.  The kids have a week left, but we're gonna miss Dad next week (especially this momma!).  However, I'm trying to cheer myself up with some more cards from the Spellbinders Merry Everything Christmas kit.  You may have seen my first post a couple days ago that featured the first 5, and now I have 2 more!


Before I get to my projects, let me tell you a little more about the kit.  It's available right now and is NOT part of the Spellbinders clubs so anyone may purchase it.  It's a $115.00 value but currently retailing for $75.00.  This Christmas kit allows you to create 25+ cards and 24+ tags (and, honestly, you can create WAY MORE than that!); it features traditional holiday colors and themes, and it has a ton of sparkle!  Included are die cuts, stickers, red glitter alpha stickers, a stamp set, journal cards, cardstock, dies, and more.  You can find all the details HERE, along with inspiration photos.


These last 2 cards are really pretty simple, but they're so colorful that it makes them feel vibrant.  On the first one, I trimmed down a 4x6 journaling card to just the pretty wreath so I could make it my focal point.  I stamped 'Season's greetings' inside the wreath, and embossed the sentiment in silver.  This is one of the sentiment stamps that comes in the kit.


I added a few small silver gems to add some sparkle, and there's a die cut red bow at the bottom of the journal card.  Underneath the card are a white and silver doily (from my stash; these are not included in the kit) for texture.  The mint card base is cut from an 8 1/2" x 11" cardstock sheet that you will find in the kit.


It's a simple card, but the design of the wreath and the colors are so pretty!


The last card I've made with the kit (for now!) is the most traditional card I made out of the entire bunch, I think.  Again, it's very simple--a red card base topped with a graphic black and white paper print to start.  Another pair of white and silver doilies under a journal card--this time it's a 3x4 card, with a few red gems mixed in with the mistletoe berries for their sparkle.


I finished off this card with a big red bow that can be found in the pack of die cuts--and as with all Spellbinders card kits, there are 2 of these lovely red bows because there are always 2 of each die cut!


I still hope to share some tags with you, though you may have to wait a few days on those--there's so much going on next week (plus vacation, of course) and it would be nice to make the most of our weekend.


Once again, if you're looking to get a head start on your Christmas card and tag making this year, the Merry Everything kit is a fantastic way to do that.  It comes with 25 cards and envelopes, 24 patterned, pre-cut tags, some twine, and even adhesive, plus ALL the embellishments and products I've mentioned throughout this post.  Now, go enjoy your Friday!

Comments