Ink to Paper :: October Release :: Day Four


We've made it to the final day of the Ink to Paper October Release!  It's a lighter day today, but that doesn't make it any less awesome!  In fact, I'm really excited about the cards I made today with the stamps and dies I used.  I found a really pretty new winter color scheme and more card styles I wouldn't mind creating a few more of to send to family and friends this year.


We're looking at Floral Christmas, To Die For: Christmas dies, and another Inside Greetings mini called Blessed Beyond Measure.  Together, these make a beautiful trio!  Floral Christmas offers lots of small wintry foliage with dies to match.  TDF: Christmas features designer Jennifer Carpenter's gorgeous handwriting in extra large sizes (and I'm LOVING them!).  IG: Blessed Beyond Measure offers Christmas sentiments with a religious feel for the inside of your cards.


I have two styles of cards that follow the same idea but they're each a little different.  One of my favorite things is to take sets like Floral Christmas that have a lot of small images and create a background with them.  I brought together Saffron Spice, Dark Indigo, Sweet Blush, Pinefeather, and Autumn Rose; I'm not sure I've ever used all of these colors together before, but I love the way this turned out.


The 'joyful' card is a white panel with the images stamped directly on it, while the 'believe' card is a white panel and all the images have been stamped and then die cut.  I used foam tape to adhere the die cuts to the paper for some extra dimension, and I trimmed off any part of one that hung over the edge.  It's then matted onto a Dark Indigo cardstock base.



I used some dies from It's a Sign: Hanging Frame Layers, also cut from Dark Indigo, to hold my die cut message.  Both of the words are cut from gold glitter cardstock.



On the inside is where I used the Inside Greetings (fitting, yes?), choosing 2 sentiments that went well with the words on the front of each card.  Since the outside of the 'joyful' card was a little simpler than the other card, and because I had a few die cuts left, I added a few around the frame on the inside.


That will do it for this release!  I hope you found something that sparked your interest.  Don't forget that everything will be available on the Ink to Paper website tomorrow at 10pm EST.  Stop by the ITP blog today for more inspiration and details regarding the release!  Thank you so much for coming by today!



Supplies:
Stamps: Floral Christmas, Inside Greetings: Blessed Beyond Measure
Ink: Saffron Spice, Dark Indigo, Sweet Blush, Pinefeather, Autumn Rose
Paper: Dark Indigo, white, glitter cardstock
Dies: Floral Christmas, To Die For: Christmas, It's a Sign: Hanging Frame Layers
Other: foam tape

Comments