The Stamp Market :: A Little Something


Hi there!  I'm dedicating this post to the gift wrapper in all of us.  With this month's new bow bundle, A Little Something, from The Stamp Market, I envisioned simple kraft packages with ribbon and bows...so that's exactly what I set out to create.


I stamped each bow outline and then filled it in with a lighter shade of the same ink (stamped off) .  I chose my ink colors based on the colors of The Stamp Market ribbon that I wanted to use -- dark pink, light pink, melon, and yellow.  After die cutting the bows, I set them aside to create some tags.


A go-to tag die is the smaller version in Tag'd; I don't ever put it away, in fact!  I made 3 of them from white cardstock and one make-shift tag that's a little longer.  On each tag I stamped simple sentiments from Friendship and A Little Something,  like 'my friend,' 'hello,' and 'for you.'  The longer tag is for 'for you' which does fit on the other tags, but the ribbon and bow covered too much of it so I thought this was a better fit.


On one of the tags, I stamped 'friend' in yellow ink, die cut it, and stapled it to the tag.


After assembling the tag, ribbon, and bow, there was something missing.  I like clean and simple, but I still felt these needed just a bit more.  I looked back through my Stamp Market basket to see what small detail stamps or dies I could add and came across the new Droplets.  They were the perfect size to add that extra special touch.  I took a few out of the bag and set them down on a yellow sheet of cardstock so I wouldn't lose them...and that's when I had the idea to add a bit more color to the tags with colored confetti.


With 1/4" and 1/8" hole punches, I punched out a few circles in colors that coordinated with my packages.  I strategically adhered them to the tags, then glued the Droplets over them.  I love the way they turned out!  It's such a small detail, but it really adds so much by way of color and shine.


I clipped each topper to a 5" x 8" kraft bag with a glitter clothespin.  I tried decorating a couple of the bags with some of my extra punched holes but this was met with mixed reviews--one of my children loved it and the other one did not.  Haha!  In the end, I left two of the bags plain for you to decide which look you prefer.


There's a lot happening next week, including a brand new Stamp Market release!!  Woo-hoo!  Enjoy your weekend!

Comments