Ink to Paper :: August Release :: Day Two


Welcome to Day Two of the Ink to Paper August release!


The On the Border series of dies has quickly become a go-to when I need a quick, easy, and elegant card.  I just die cut the cover frame, add a sentiment, and it's done!  This time around, though, I spent the extra time to fill in the negative space with pieces of Honey Nut and Sweet Blush cardstocks, and the effort paid off.  With a helping of Plum Pudding and a big, gorgeous sentiment from the Thankful Thoughts stamp set embossed in the center, this one-layer card is packed with color and detail.


I was really excited to try out these colors on a fall project--they're untraditional but when you see the colors together, they makes sense.  I think of purple during that season because of the grape harvest.  I grew up in a vineyard and wine region in upstate NY and autumn is a big deal there.  My dad was a grape farmer during my early adolescence so we took our grapes seriously!  It's hard not to think of them once August rolls into September.


Thankful Thoughts is a new all sentiments stamp set and its 'thanks' stamp is a near-perfect fit for the cut out space of the Fall Foliage die.  When you add the 'give' to it, as well, this becomes a quintessential Thanksgiving greeting card.


Supplies:
Stamps: Thankful Thoughts
Ink: WaterMark
Paper: Honey Nut, Plum Pudding, Sweet Blush, White
Dies: On the Border: Fall Foliage
Other: white embossing powder, sequins


While it might sound kind of funny, this card very much reminds me of a blustery autumn day.  Everything flows on it, like the blowing leaves of the Fall Foliage borders and wind gales you can almost see in the 'Grateful' sentiment flourishes.  The colors are traditional for a fall card--dark and moody with a soft gray background akin to an overcast sky.  The addition of the clear droplets might be reminiscent of some cool weather rain.  Who would have thought you'd be able to imagine a rainy October afternoon in a greeting card?


Fall Foliage also comes with a handy single-sided border die, so if you don't want to fill the entire card, you can fill just a little of the space.  Try doubling up on the die cuts for some extra dimension, too, like I've done here.


I paired the borders with a 'grateful' stamp and die from Thankful Thoughts.  Some of the accompanying sentiments from TT will fit with the new Diagonal Borders dies (shown as part of yesterday's look at the release).


Supplies:
Stamps: Thankful Thoughts
Ink: WaterMark
Paper: Scarlet Jewel, Melon Berry, Soft Stone, Dark Indigo, Honey Nut
Dies: On the Border: Fall Foliage, Thankful Thoughts, Diagonal Banners
Other: white embossing powder, clear droplets


Our last introductions for today include another of my Inside Greetings series called Gratitude, and 2 new To Die For dies, Sweet Blessings.  Speaking of nontraditional autumn colors, this card definitely fits that bill!  I was making a lot of projects for this release with some of the same colors so I decided to go a very different route with this card and I love the way it turned out!


I stamped some Lovely Leaves in Bright Buttercup for my background, leaving space to put my Inside Greeting on the outside of my card.  Then I cut out 'thankful' in Mint Julep and Hibiscus Burst cardstocks, offsetting them slightly like I did with the foliage border on the previous card.  A few clear droplets and some patterned background paper complete the look.


Supplies:
Stamps:  Inside Greetings: Gratitude, Lovely Leaves
Ink: Bright Buttercup, Dark Indigo
Paper: Mint Julep, Hibiscus Burst, White, Mint Julep Bitty Big
Dies: To Die For Sentiments: Sweet Blessings
Other: clear droplets


That's a wrap for today but goodness, we still have THREE more days left!  Be sure to visit the Ink to Paper blog for more inspiration and projects, and don't forget that these stamps and dies will be available to purchase from the ITP shop on August 15th at 10pm EST!  I'll see you bright and early Monday morning for another post!

Comments