Ink to Paper :: Transformation Tuesday :: Make a Big Wish

Hello and welcome to Transformation Tuesday!  This is always one of my favorite features at Ink to Paper so I hope you'll enjoy my fresh take on an old card.  The original was just what I had in mind when I designed the Frame it Out: Wishes stamp set.  That is, a quick and easy style to create.  It's simple, minimal, and the perfect candidate for a fun makeover with a lot more detail and a much bolder color palette!  I've only made a few changes, yet the resulting card is almost completely different than the original.


The two main things I wanted to change were adding in some layers and more color.  I chose a very bold scheme (that looks really nice in person, but was a bit difficult to capture with the camera)--Summer Sunrise, Raspberry Fizz, Dark Indigo, and gold.  This is so different from anything I normally make, but I'm happy I stretched myself creatively in this area.


I also added layers by using the backer die that accompanies FIO: Wishes and popping it up with 3-D foam dots.  The original card was a flat one, which always have their place among my stash--plus, they're easy to mail!  Since I had the chance to give it a makeover, though, the fatter the better, I thought.  I also used foam dots to attach the main panel to a Dark Indigo Bitty Big Plaid background.


Nearly the entire panel is filled with embossed leaves and I added more color by blending Summer Sunrise ink to the white cardstock.  Also, that panel on the original card is linen vellum, not cardstock.  The final touch was a navy blue seam binding bow--a nice bit of texture here that was lacking before.


 The process to transform a card is always a fun stretch of the imagination! 

Supplies:
Stamps: Frame it Out: Wishes
Ink: Summer Sunrise, WaterMark
Paper: Summer Sunrise, Raspberry Fizz, White, Dark Indigo Bitty Big
Dies: Frame it Out: Wishes, Diagonal Banners, Mix & Mat: Herringbone
Other: gold embossing powder, 3-D foam dots, seam binding


Comments