Ink to Paper :: August Release :: Day One


Yippee!!  It's time to start sharing Ink to Paper release projects!  There is SO MUCH that is releasing this month--a little bit of fall (my favorite!), a little bit of Halloween, and a few staples that you'll be able to use anytime of the year, too.  Are you ready?!


First up, we're looking at Lovely Leaves, Diagonal Banners, and Just Sentiments: Grateful Heart, all of which I think are fantastic.  I'm a sucker for leafy sets and this one is my new favorite.  I'm so excited for fall; I'm just not a hot weather kind of person, but we never get 'fall' temperatures until November so I have a long wait!  But that doesn't mean I can't create a bunch of autumn projects and pretend :)


I would create with my favorite fall colors all year so that's one more reason to get excited about this release!  I chose Honey Nut, Berry Sorbet, Dark Indigo, and Tropical Teal--those colors go together effortlessly.  I made a background panel of Honey Nut leaves, then arranged some colorful and defined leaf die cuts on the left side of it, using a bit of coppery thread as an accent.


Pairing together a couple of the Grateful Heart sentiments stamped on Diagonal Banner die cuts, I adhered each banner to a scrap of lace for some texture.  There are plenty of past and current sentiments that will work with the banner die cuts, too, and I'm especially happy to have these because I still hold my breath every single time I have to stamp directly on my card!  This way, if I mess up while stamping, all I have to make is a new banner, not try and cover up a mistake on a finished product.


I adhered the leaf panel to some Honey Nut plaid patterned paper which covers the entire card front.  I can't get enough of the Berry Sorbet colored leaves against the rest of the colors on this card.  For the detailed leaves, I stamped all of the outlines in their respective ink colors, then stamped the solid form with their muted stamped-off color.  As I've said before, it's a perfect match every time and the technique doubles my ink collection!


Supplies:
Stamps: Lovely Leaves, Just Sentiments: Grateful Heart
Ink: Honey Nut, Tropical Teal, Berry Sorbet, Dark Indigo True Black
Paper: white cardstock, Honey Nut Bitty Big Plaid
Dies: Lovely Leaves, Diagonal Banners
Other: lace, thread

Next up today is a cute Tag Creations set called Delightful Bunch.  This set, all about apple barrels, would be so fun for teachers!  But even if you don't use it for teachers, it's really just fun for anyone!  The tags are easy to put together and can be used effortlessly on cards, too.  I made 2 tags today.  The first one I created is a bit more of a traditional-looking pail, made with kraft cardstock.  I had to use Berry Sorbet for my apples, reminding me of Cripps apples, which have a lighter red, almost pink skin (and they're delicious!).


Then I added A LOT of leaves!  Probably more than I needed, but I couldn't stop myself!


The add-on mini set of sentiments for this set are too sweet, and there are included label dies with the Tag Creations die set so they fit perfectly.  I finished the first tag with some Berry Sorbet grosgrain ribbon.


My second apple barrel is Sweet Blush, with the vertical slats stamped with the woodgrain design.  I made more pink apples, but didn't add as many leaves this time ;)


I strung New Leaf ribbon through the slit in the top; I folded the ribbon in half to push it through and did it very gently so as not to tear the cardstock.


Supplies:
Stamps:  Tag Creations: Delightful Bunch
Ink: Limeade Ice, Berry Sorbet, Sweet Blush, True Black
Paper: Sweet Blush, Classic Kraft, Berry Sorbet, Limeade Ice, Ripe Avocado, Dark Chocolate, White, Berry Sorbet Bitty Big Swiss Dot
Dies: Tag Creations: Delightful Bunch
Other: Berry Sorbet, New Leaf grosgrain ribbon

We've got an extra day of sharing this month because there are so many items releasing on the 15th (at 10pm EST).  If you've not been already, be sure to visit the Ink to Paper blog today for samples from the Design Team and links to their blogs--so much inspiration!  I'll be back here tomorrow!  Until then, I hope your weekend is off to a great start!

Comments