Ink to Paper :: DT Tips :: Floral Tags
Each die comes in a 2-piece set; one part is a thin double frame and the other is a single thin-lined frame. The negative from each frame is a solid piece and I took the solid pieces from each thin-lined single frame, cutting it out of white cardstock, and used it as the base for my tag. I made one of each--an oval, a rectangle, and a hexagon. I then cut each double-lined frame from Luxe Gold stock.
The frames are borders for each inside piece, so they're a bit tricky to adhere, but I'll be covering parts of them with floral die cuts so that's where I put the majority of my adhesive.
Next, I made a bunch of die cut florals using Framing Florals; quite literally, they will be framing my tags! The flowers are made from Pale Peony and Melon Berry, while the leaves are a mix of New Leaf, Bright Buttercup, and Lemon Tart inks. I made a lot, not knowing exactly how many I might use for each tag. After all the stamping and cutting, I began arranging the flowers around the outside of the tags.
Each tag has a different make up; it sort of depended on the shape I was working with. Before adhering the flowers, I stamped 'to;' and 'from:' on each tag base. Because I had each arrangement laid out, I knew where to stamp.
The trickiest part of the the whole design process was deciding where to put the ribbon for attaching to packages! I didn't want to interfere with the front design because I liked each one so much and I didn't want to cover any part of it up, so I decided to adhere the trims to the back of the tags. This is a bit unorthodox, but I actually quite like the look of it.
Ink: Bright Buttercup, Lemon Tart, New Leaf, Berry Sorbet, Pale Peony, True Black
Paper: White, Luxe Gold
Other: ribbon, lace, white gel pen