Ink to Paper :: Saturday Showcase :: Tag Creations: Lemon

It's time for the first Ink to Paper Saturday Showcase of August!  I'm super-excited to put the focus on Tag Creations: Lemon today because, well, I designed this set, and I always love to see how other people interpret it.  If you didn't come here from the ITP blog, I recommend heading over there to see what the other ladies created.


More than any other season, summer makes me think of bright yellow--probably because it's associated with sunshine, flowers, and, of course, lemons!  I chose to make some especially bright yellow lemons with bright green leaves for my card today, shades that would be certain to evoke happiness and delight in whoever receives this card.


I really wanted to use purple for the blossoms here because there's a hint of that color in the buds of lemon blossoms before they bloom.  Purple is one of those colors that I don't use often, though I'm very fond of this Winter Wisteria shade.  Also, it's yellow's complementary color so they're going to play off of each other nicely!


Never will I get enough pink and yellow, hence the Sweet Blush Bitty Big background paper.


Enjoy your weekend, friends!  I'll be seeing you quite a bit next week so I've got to get going--lots to do, lots to do!

Supplies:
Stamps: Tag Creations: Lemon
Ink: Bright Buttercup, New Leaf, Winter Wisteria
Paper: Bitty Big: Sweet Blush, white cardstock
Dies: Tag Creations: Lemon
Other: Winter Wisteria grosgrain ribbon

Comments