Spellbinders :: August Card Kit :: Hang With Me

Hey there!  I can't believe I almost forgot to post my cards for the Spellbinders Card kit for August!  There has been so much going on already this month and it slipped my mind.  But, better late than never, right, especially when the kit is super-adorable!


It's called Hang With Me and it's all about slowing down and chilling out--which I'd really love to do right now :)  There are dies to create a cute sloth, as well as some palm leaves and other tree leaves/ branches.  As always, you'll get a mix of die cuts, a stamp set, a 6x6 paper pad, some cardstock, and stickers.  This month, there is also an assortment of journaling cards.  I LOVE journaling cards since they offer a quick way to dress up a card or tag.


Let's get to the cards I made.  I used the sloth dies with some palm plant stickers and die cuts to create the first one.  By simply layering the palms around my sloth, it looks like he's hiding out in a pretty chill spot.  The card base was made with a piece of green cardstock from the kit and a 4x6 journaling card that I cut down to fit.


I stamped and embossed 'take it easy' with rose gold powder to match the branch and some of the kit accents, as rose gold plays a big part in the kit color palette.


Next up is a pink, yellow, and dark blue card.  One of the highlights is the yellow journaling card with the hanging fern.  The pink flower die cut with white leaves that I cut with the dies is the focal point.  The blue paper is from the paper pad.



Up next is this peach and aqua card.  Everything is built around the 'life is peachy' journaling card.  There are 2 of the same dark blue rectangle die cuts underneath it to frame it.  (Did you know that there are always 2 of each die cut in every kit?)


I made some little blue and white flowers from a die and the turquoise sequins also come in the kit this month.


My last card was made with just the August Add-ons, which are the paper pad, die cuts, and the stamp set (the journaling cards are also extras but I didn't use them here).  These items all come in the kit, but they are also available to purchase separately.


I laid down a base of patterned papers, stamping 'don't hurry, be happy' on the lower pink half of the striped one.  Then I layered a sloth and some leaf die cuts around it.


You can find all of the Card Kit Membership information HERE (This link is the same for each monthly kit).  You can find the Add-Ons HERE (just look for HANG WITH ME in the product title!).  Information about the Spellbinders clubs can be found HERE.  If you have any questions I can help you with, please feel free to leave a comment and I'll do my best to get an answer to you :)

I've already received September's kit and it's awesome, too--I'll be sure to share my projects with that one a lot sooner!

Comments