Ink to Paper :: August Release :: Day Three

Hi, folks!  What do you think of the August release so far?  There are some beautiful things for fall, aren't there?  We have 2 more super-cute sets to focus on today so let's jump right in!


Melissa Bickford's It's a Sign series is getting another addition today, this one being Love & Kindness.  It has a great message, and in true Melissa form, the sweetest little leaves and flowers to go with it.


I took some of those leaves and florals and created a pretty background with them.  I tried to choose a color combination I hadn't used before, opting for Aqua Mist, So Saffron, Pinefeather, Spring Rain, and a mix of Melon Berry and Sweet Blush.  That's how the pink flowers were created: I inked up my stamp with Melon Berry, stamped it off once on scratch paper, then inked it with Sweet Blush.  It makes for a pink that is a bit darker with the slightest hint of peach (thought it's hard to tell in the photos).


I made several leaves and flowers to die cut and hang on my 'thank you for your love and kindness' sign, which I stamped in Berry Sorbet and layered over So Saffrom cardstock.  I added a few clear droplets to some of the floral centers and this has turned out to be one of my favorite cards from this release.


Supplies:
Stamps: It's a Sign: Love & Kindness
Ink: Aqua Mist, So Saffron, Pinefeather, Spring Rain, Melon Berry, Sweet Blush, Berry Sorbet
Paper: So Saffron, White
Dies: It's a Sign: Love & Kindness
Other: clear droplets

Our second helping today is simply called Birdie and it features some sweet little birds, flowers and leaves, and some bird cages.  There's an accompanying set titled Sweet Tweets which offers a few more sentiments you can use with the larger set.


Again, I wanted to use some different colors so I paired a Summer Sunrise card base with a Sweet Blush Fall Foliage cover.  I had the panel left from my projects yesterday and it seemed like the perfect background for my little bird and her floral perch.


I chose a sentiment from Sweet Tweets and embossed it in the pink oval-ish center of the cover.  After that, I stamped and die cut some of the tiny leaves and blooms to adhere to a branch cut from kraft paper.


Finally, I die cut the little bird from Hibiscus Burst paper and stamped the image in matching ink for a bright pop of color in the center of my card.


Supplies:
Stamps: Birdie, Sweet Tweets
Ink: Hibiscus Burst, Green Parakeet, New Leaf, Summer Sunrise, WaterMark
Paper: Summer Sunrise, Sweet Blush, Hibiscus Burst, Classic Kraft, White
Dies: Birdie, On the Border: Fall Foliage
Other: white embossing powder

We're over the hump as the release draws closer on the 15th.  Tomorrow we're venturing into Halloween products so if you love October 31st, then I hope you'll be pleased with our offerings!  I'm not quite sure how it happened, but I've got several products coming out this month and most of them are for Halloween.  I never knew I was such a fan of the holiday, but once I started designing, I got more and more ideas!  I can't wait to share them with you!

Comments