Ink to Paper :: Saturday Showcase :: Fall for Foliage

During the Ink to Paper August release, my On the Border: Fall for Foliage projects were very much fall-inspired -- dark and moody, with quintessential autumn colors.  All of the amazing autumn products had me in the mood for that, but for today's project, I decided to go a completely different route and brighten things up.  Even though my stamps and dies are still autumnal, adding shiny glitter cardstock and a lighter color palette makes them feel a little less sweater weather and a lot more late summer!


I have most definitely caught the ink-blending bug.  It creates such a soft shade of color and the variations are so pretty.  Unintentionally, you'll find many of us using this technique on our Saturday Showcase projects this week.  Great minds really do think alike, I guess.



I cut out a bunch of Lovely Leaves and angled them in the cut-outs of the Fall for Foliage border, lifting them up with 3-D foam dots.  It created a 3-dimensional frame, almost like a real life pile of leaves.  Then I arced my 'thankful' sentiment over some of the leaves.  I didn't set out to make the leaves look this way, but sometimes, it's just the way elements happen to fall into place -- like they were supposed to be there -- so you let them be.



I'm so happy you decided to spend a a few minutes of your Saturday with me!  On a sad note, my beloved and trusty Nikon DSLR quit on me this week and this was the first project I had to photograph without it.  I'm definitely still in mourning, but for now I'll have to learn to adjust.  Que sera sera.

Supplies:
Stamps:  Lovely Leaves
Ink: Aqua Mist, Bright Buttercup, Pale Peony
Paper: Hibiscus Burst, White, gold glitter cardstock
Dies: On the Border: Fall for Foliage, Lovely Leaves, To Die For: Sweet Blessings
Other: ink blending brush, 3-D foam dots


Comments