WRMK :: Mother's Day Gift Wrap


Hello there!  I'm sharing some fun gift wrap ideas for Mother's Day featuring various tools DIY tools from We R Memory Keepers.  My own mother passed away a few years ago, but there are many other women I consider and think of on this special day.  My mother-in-law inspired my project today, as she LOVES to shop and a gift card is always a good bet for her.  We usually end up taking her out shopping on Mother's Day, as well, so, for her, the gift card becomes the conduit with which we share the holiday.


We're just a few days away from May 12th, as well, so if you're in a pinch for a gift, this is a quick one to create at the last minute!  I used the Pocket Maker Punchboard to create several gift card holders, and then I selected a few other WRMK products to make embellishments and dress them up.


The Pocket Maker makes light work of creating card holders, and you can create a pocket in loads of sizes, too!  I chose pockets with a flap so I could close them, and created them with the Easy Peasy paper stack from DCWV.  The florals in this stack made me think of moms everywhere and became the perfect outerwear for the gift cards found inside.


On almost all of the pockets, I used the Word Punchboard to create name tags, then I notched them with the Bow Guide from the 1-2-3 Punchboard.


My husband's family is Filipino so the kids call his parents Lolo and Lola; hence this pocket is for my mother-in-law from them.  I added a pretty flower detail to the outside with the Stitch Happy Punch Needle.  I used a stencil that came in the kit for the flower design, and then used the needle to stitch it up.  This one takes a little planning--don't assemble the pocket and add adhesive until you've completed your stitching!


Tassels always make presents more fun, and gift card holders are no exception!  I whipped up a few with the Tassel Loom and a matching palette of crochet thread, attaching them with some mini glittered clothespins.  Don't forget that you can use practically any kind of trim--thread, twine, yarn, ribbon--to create tassels with this tool.  Out of my entire WRMK repertoire, it's safe to say that the Tassel Loom is the tool I use the most often!



Another favorite for gift decorating is pom-poms!  They just scream FUN and I actually find them fun to make, too, especially with the Party Pom-Pom Maker from WRMK.  I used to wind yarn around my hand and get an incredibly uneven pom-pom that required loads of trimming.  But I can make a few of these (they're made with the smallest maker) in a few minutes and they turn out great!


I paired the pom-poms with some grosgrain ribbon bows that I made with the Bow Loom.  This is another tool that gets a lot of use in my house, and you can use all sorts of different trims again with it, like the Tassel Loom.  I created a simple bow, then glued the pom-pom to the center of it.


If you're giving a gift card to the wonderful women in your life on May 12th this year, maybe you'll try one of these variations.  And if you're giving a gift card, it might be nice to accompany your special lady when she uses it...Moms love a little extra quality time with their favorite people.



Supplies:

Pocket Maker Punchboard
Stitch Happy Punch Needle Kit
Word Punchboard
Tassel Loom
Party Pom-Pom Maker
Bow Loom
1-2-3 Punchboard

Comments