Papertrey Ink :: Throwback Thursday :: Especially You

Hey there!  It's Throwback Thursday on the Papertrey Ink blog today.  That's right--Papertrey Ink is still selling many of their old favorites in their shop for the time being so they are also continuing the Throwback series on their blog to continue to highlight these sets--yay!


One of my favorite PTI stamp sets has always been Especially You.  It's so classic and elegant, and to showcase those attributes, I embossed the large floral image in gold, while coloring in the petals and leaves with soft shades of watercolor.  Gold and lace always add a little romance to a project, as well.


I'm pretty sure this is my first true watercolored image on a card, complete with liquid watercolors and a real paintbrush.  It took me a few tries to achieve the right look and colors, but in the end, I'm pretty happy with these Hibiscus Burst/Mint Julep-ish hues, and I've discovered that watercoloring florals is something I enjoy doing, too!


The floral piece is matted askew on a Melon Berry card base with the lace panel in between.  I added a few sequins and a small gold bow for extra finishes.  One of my favorite things about this card is that it will be easy to mail and I know just the special person it's going to :)


Thanks for stopping by today!  Enjoy your Thursday!

Supplies:
Ink:  VersaMark Watermark
Paper: Melon Berry, watercolor paper
Other: liquid watercolors, fine gold embossing powder, sequins, gold crochet thread, cream lace

Comments

  1. Such a beautiful card! Love the color combo and the gold. And the touch of lace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky recipient of this stunning card! I adore the beauty and elegance you created. If I made this card, I would have to keep it just to have it around to look at!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

i do appreciate your comment!
~Rebecca