Concord and 9th :: April Guest :: Fashion Wear

It's so hard to believe that this is my last post as an April guest of Concord and 9th!  It's been an absolute pleasure and I'm ending my time with them as a huge fan!  I hope you've enjoyed the last month of posts just as much as I have.  Today we're featuring the collection Fashion Wear--and I'll tell you why this was the set I was most afraid of!


I am just now learning how to color and blend and all that fun stuff.  It definitely does not come natural to me (I'm most comfortable stacking and layering paper and embellishments), but I'm blown away by how "easy" other stampers make it appear.  That said, of course I know they've spent hours learning, practicing, and perfecting their blending techniques, and I'm sure it's less "easy" for them than it looks.  I'm just saying that to me, it's a daunting task, but I was determined to do some coloring with the images in Fashion Wear.  They pretty much demand it so I had to oblige :)


I've also never really stamped anything with a face, so there was that!  But this set is completely adorable so again, it was time to overcome my fears, stamp some faces, get my color on, and be all the better for it.  And you can see that I haven't exactly entered the coloring/blending Hall of Fame, but I made an attempt with some watercolor pens and inks and ended up with 2 sweet cards at the end of it.


There are endless possibilities with this set, and you can see them all HERE.  There are 2 partial faces with different hair, and then options for adding ponytails, hats, a top knot, bridal veil, flowers, and neckwear.  I did 1 of each girl, adding the requisite hair type, and coloring it a light shade brown.


I gave my first girlie a die cut, gold embossed bouquet of flowers with some pink and green shading.  I also stamped and embossed "you're wonderful" above her head, then cut out the scene and adhered my circle over a panel of lace on a pale pink card base.  A few tiny wood hearts and reddish-pink embroidery floss bow add extra touches and texture.


My other friend has long, loose waves and a watercolored party hat.  The little floral die cut added a cute detail to the party hat and also under the "Birthday girl" banner.  (You can find the die for the banner in the Fringe Frenzy Kit )


I used a different circle die to cut her out and layered that over some lace, glitter card stock, and a 4" square card base.  These cards were really fun to make and I love the softer colored details.  I think I found a new hobby, too!


Please be sure to stop by the Concord and 9th blog for some more takes on this set.  They've also shared a few on their Instagram feed so if you haven't checked that out, now is the perfect time!  I want to thank C9 so much for this fun opportunity to share my work with their beautiful stamps and dies--I had an amazing time!  I hope you've all found some inspiration from my posts!


Comments