Ink to Paper :: DT Tips :: Mix 'n' Match May Release Sets


One of the best things about the Ink to Paper's May release was just how well all the collections worked together, even though they were created by separate designers.  In particular, I loved mixing and matching the flowers from You Are My Happy and Nature's Background Essentials.  On the surface, they look like very different sets, each with many distinct elements, yet when used together, they work beautifully!  In today's DT Tips post, get the scoop on how I combined these sets to create two seamless floral cards.


The first card I made features lots of die cut flowers in warm colors--Harvest Gold, Pale Peony, Orange Zest, and Bright Buttercup.  I stamped florals from both sets to build on each other.  The bottom layer is the smaller line art flower from Nature's Background.  The next layer is a petal bloom from You Are My Happy.  Some of those also have a stamped layer of orange dots from NBE.  The little yellow sunburst centers are from YAMH, but I've used a NBE die to cut them out!  It's amazing how well these sets complement each other!


For the sentiment, I die cut the word 'smile' from Frame it Out: Wishes in Bright Buttercup and adhered it over all of the pretty blooms.


My other card is clean and simple, but I've used some of the other elements in each set.  I thought the little plant pot from YAMH was super-cute, so with that in mind, I stamped the larger stem trio in Limeade Ice and added the swirly flowers from NBE.  They come in 3 sizes and I chose the 2 largest.  I cut out the planter from Berry Sorbet Bitty Big plaid paper and adhered it with 3-D foam dots to give this card a bit of a lift.


My sentiment here is a stamped die cut from Essential Sentiments and this would be the kind of simply sweet card I might send to my sister who lives on the other side of the country.  I'm definitely missing her!


Thanks so much for joining me this morning!  All of the stamps and dies I used today are available now in the Ink to Paper shop so you can grab any or all of these collections.  I absolutely love using them together and hope you will, too!



Supplies:
Ink:  Pale Peony, Orange Zest, Limeade Ice, Harvest Gold, Bright Buttercup, True Black
Paper:  Limeade Ice, Bright Buttercup, White, Bitty Big: Berry Sorbet

Comments

  1. What a great idea! I ordered the Happy stamp set with the daisies but it didn't occur to me that they could be used together. I'm going to have to think about that.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

i do appreciate your comment!
~Rebecca