Pinkfresh Studio :: Floral Cards


Hey there!  I've discovered recently how much fun it is to color in florals!  I know, I know, I'm pretty late to the game on that, but I'm here now and loving it, so that's what I'm sharing with you today--a couple of pretty florals using stamps from Pinkfresh Studio.


I used a new floral from the April release, Blooming Bouquet, designed by our DT's own Yoonsun Hur.  It's a gorgeous set and I embossed the blooms in gold detail and then chose soft, warm hues for the flowers.  I left the leaves alone to let the blooms stand out.


With the release of the May Essentials dies, the Braided Circles set comes with a good-size circle, so I cut out a piece of dark peach cardstock and also cut out a circle of lace to lay over that.  I layered the circle and bloom die cut on a panel of deep yellow cardstock, which is trimmed with the Diagonal Stitched Rectangles die.  That's become one of my go-to dies for adding subtle detail to the borders of my cards.



Finally, I cut 'Hello' from some black glitter paper.  It's a bold contrast to the rest of the card, which is why I chose it.  I added a few of the new jewels to this card, as well.  I actually thought they were black when I put them on, but they're navy blue!  No matter, I think they still work!


My second card features an older set, Bloom, which I have long-loved and used personally for quick notes.  I just embossed the images, die cut them, and added a sentiment.  As I said, they were personal cards shared with friends and family.  This time, I got a little fancier and still embossed--in rose gold--but then colored in the florals and leaves.


I chose light pink for the flowers and a softly-bright green for the leaves.  I made two die cuts of each section and glued them together for a thicker element.  When I adhered them to my card panel, I only added adhesive in the middle of the images; this way, the edges are still raised and it gives them some dimension.



I embossed 'thinking of you' in between the two sections; the sentiment is part of the Bloom stamp set.  A few light pink jewels, as well as a length of rose gold twine are simple finishes to this clean and simple card.


There's still a little time to enjoy the shopping perks from the May Essentials Release--you have until May 26th to enjoy free/discounted shipping shipping on orders $50+. You must use the code MAYESSFREESHIP50 and shipping is free in the USA, and $5.50 off for International friends.  (There's also a free XO die with any purchase--no code necessary; and the die will automatically load into your cart while supplies last.)  Pick up some florals for yourself (and some other great stamps and dies!) so you can have fun coloring them in, too!  Thank you so much for being here today!

Comments