The Stamp Market :: Citrus Gift Wrap & Card


Hey, all, happy summer!  At this time of year, my thoughts turn to bright, happy colors and all things refreshing.  Citrus fruits, with their gorgeous colors and amazing smells are definitely at the top of my list, both around the house, and in my crafting ventures.  When I first saw The Stamp Market's Citrus Vine collection, summery gift wrap was one of the first ideas that popped in my head!


I started with some basic wrapping paper (which is just bright white copy paper in this case), filling it up with a pretty pattern of fruit slices, blooms, leaves.  For a little twist, I went with a reddish pink for the slices, which reminds me of pink grapefruit.  The petite flowers are also shades of pink and I used a minty green for the leaves.


I wrapped my box, adding some Peach TSM ribbon to the package.  It helps to bring out the same shade in the fruit slices.


No package is complete without a tag so I cut two large ones from pink and gold glitter cardstocks using the Tag'd die.  I embellished the tag with some colorful fruits that I stamped and die cut to match the gift paper.  I simply slipped the tag set under the knot of the ribbon, placing a glue dot on the backs of them to keep them secure.


With all of these lovely colored fruits, I HAD to make a matching card!  I made some extra oranges, lemons, leaves, and blooms when I created the tag so I planned to use them on the card, also.  I went back a few releases to the Confetti background stamp to make a fun backdrop for my citrus pieces.


I used the Hip Hip Hooray stamps and dies for the Happy Birthday sentiment.  With so much pink already on the card, I went with bright yellow for that--I can never resist bright yellow!  There's a strip of Petal Pink ribbon under the 'birthday' die cut to make it pop and give the card some extra texture.


Each stamped shape is also die cut from gold glitter cardstock and layered those behind its colorful match.  Doing this offers some extra shine and depth, and gives some separation to each of the fruits and leaves, allowing them to stand out and be defined.


With that, my happy, citrusy gift set is ready to give to someone sweet!


The Stamp Market Supplies:
Citrus Vine Stamp Set and Dies
Tag'd Stamp Set and Dies
Hip Hip Hooray Stamp Set and Dies
Confetti Background Stamp
Peach Ribbon
Petal Pink Ribbon

Comments