Pinkfresh Studio :: Kind Thanks


Hello again!  I'm back with another Pinkfresh Studio post--I just love that new washi tape! (Did you see the blog hop yesterday?!)  It seems that I've had several occasions that have required thank you cards lately.  Along with birthdays, notes of appreciation are normally in high demand, and for that reason, I try to always have some at the ready; I'd hate to skip sending one because I'm too busy to make one when I need it.  I'm sharing 3 cards today that fit the bill--and help me pad my stash a little ;)


My first two cards feature some of the just released Floral washi tape and dies.  If you need a quick card, this is an absolute dream!  I made a navy blue 4" square card base and covered it with matching lace.  I like the dark on dark here because the colors in the washi are so dramatic!  I die cut the large floral cluster from washi tape, and attached it to my card with 3-D foam dots.


I used the You've Got This stamp set for my sentiment, embossing the phrase 'you are kind' in gold powder.  Some fancy label dies from May's Essentials release served as a frame for the message.  I cut out another flower from the washi, popping it up onto the corner of the sentiment label.  Finally, the card is topped off with a metallic gold bow.  That washi floral bouquet die cut is a showstopper--truly--and it makes creating these thank you cards so easy!



The second card employs the washi again, but I chose the wreath this time.  There's an extra die if you want to cut out the center of the wreath, which I actually did at first, but then I changed my mind and cut out another one, leaving the center in tact.  I've used a light blue 4" card base for this one, but I added the blue lace again.


My favorite part of this card is the 'thank you' which has been die cut from the floral border part of the washi tape.  It's so pretty against the gold glitter backing!  Again, it's a simple card, but washi details make it look like hours of effort went into putting it together.  (They did, of course, as I'm sure PF artist Inna Moreva spent a good amount of time designing that gorgeous tape!)



I've gone back a few releases for the last card, turning to Lush Greenery to create it.  I stamped, embossed, and die cut one of the leafy borders, then colored it in with some Pinkfresh watercolors.  (I used Sunshine, Key Lime, and Aquamarine to get the colors I used).  I wanted to pair it against the yellow-green Adorable Frames washi so tried to match the color in that.


The frame itself has been fussy cut out for a slightly different take on it, plus I wanted to use some lace for texture against the yellow card base, so cutting out the frame allows more of the lace to show through.


I watercolored some paper in a very pale aqua shade, cutting 'kind' and 'thank you' from it.  They are also backed with gold glitter die cuts, as is the leafy border.  The final piece is a gold bow--I love all the texture on this card!  Even the watercolored frame looks textured!


I hope you've gotten some ideas for thank you cards today--I'm sure I'm not alone in needing them often!  Enjoy your week, friends!

Comments