Spellbinders :: June Card Kit


Hey all!  It's been a busy month so far and we're just getting started!  I had a chance to play with the June Card Kit from Spellbinders and it's full of fun!  It's called Super Chill and there are awesome dies (like heart-shaped sunglasses and a balloon animal dog!), beautiful stickers, a paper pad, die cuts, a stamp set, and so much more!  Let's take a look at what I made...


For this card, I was inspired by one of the card ideas right from the card kit itself!  It's hard to see candle dies and not imagine a bunch of them lined up on the front of a card, so I made my own version of that with some candles cut from pretty papers.  The pink, gold, and aqua is festive and my favorite part of the candle dies is the flame with the wick!  There's even a sheet of gold foil cardstock included with the kit which is perfect for such things!


Behind the candles is a little pale pink ink (but it's hard to see in the photo!).  On the lower part of the card, I used a strip of gold bow vellum paper, the Happy Birthday die cut, and a pink sticker.


My next card features the balloon animal dog I mentioned.  It's so cute and very easy to assemble!  I fussy cut the pink party hat out of one of the included journaling cards to add to my puppy and he's carrying a trio of balloon die cuts, ready to celebrate!


The background is a panel of typographic gold foil vellum over a simple pale pink and aqua graphic patterned paper.  Finally there's a 'happy birthday' sticker over a pink watercolored die cut.  There are so many birthday-themed sentiments and images in this kit, which is great because I'm always finding the need for stickers and die cuts like that, but they're so rarely found in scrapbooking collections.



On my third card, I made a pair of those heart-shaped sunglasses.  Again, they weren't too difficult to put together and they're super-cute!!  I made mine out of the gold foil paper and they're sized to fit a small child.  I would have taken of photo of my 6-year-old but she wouldn't keep them on long enough for me to snap one!


I love pink and mint together so I picked out papers, stickers, die cuts, and a journal card in those colors.  The mint journal card offered a perfect spot to display the sunglasses; I just added a scrap of pink polka dot paper.  A little strawberry lemonade bottle and mint & gold 'burst' are die cuts and the gold heart is actually the negative heart from the sunglasses--bonus!  By the way, there's even a small bottle of glitter sequins included in the kit and I NEVER say no to sequins!


My final card is made from just the Add-Ons for the kit.  These are items that are included in the kit, but you can also buy them separately if you need extras or don't want to purchase the entire kit.  This includes the 6x6 Paper Pad, Super Chill stamp set, and die cuts pack.


I stamped the bottle, fussy cut it out, and added some lightly blended yellow ink to it, turning it into lemonade!  I stamped and cut the fruit slices and straw, and colored those in, as well.  I used the die cuts (hello, you're the best and the mostest) for my sentiments, as well as 2 minty leaf accents, which are also from the die cut pack.


The green and white stripe background and the small panel of coral are papers from the 6x6 pad.


You can find all of the Card Kit Membership information HERE (This link is the same for each monthly kit).  You can find the Add-Ons HERE (just look for SUPER CHILL in the product title!).  Information about the Spellbinders clubs can be found HERE.  If you have any questions I can help you with, please feel free to leave a comment and I'll do my best to get an answer to you :)


Today is the last day of school for my kiddos so this Super Chill kit is perfect for getting into our summer groove!  Woo-hoo!

Comments