Ink to Paper :: June Release :: Day 3

Welcome to Day 3 of the Ink to Paper June release!  Today is all about Simply Sweet: Thanks, Geometirx Shapes dies, and It's a Sign: Beautiful.  These are some really pretty stamp sets and I'm completely in love with the Geometrix dies!


My first card features the Hexagon frame; it's offset and modern, and so cool!  I cut it out from Luxe Gold cardstock which gives the frame a subtle shine.  It's paired with images and a sentiment from It's a Sign: Beautiful.


I cut some branches from Spring Moss, layering them with simple florals in Orange Zest and Sweet Blush.  This simple card might just be my most favorite one of mine for this whole release!  And Orange Zest is quickly becoming one of my go-to colors as we move into summer.


Supplies:
Stamps: It's a Sign: Beautiful
Ink: Orange Zest, Sweet Blush, Spring Moss, True Black
Paper: Luxe Gold, white
Dies: Geometrix Shapes: Hexagons, It's a Sign: Beautiful


My second card is a little bit different--not much stamping, although I promise that Simply Sweet: Thanks offers some super-sweet images and lovely sentiments (not to worry--I'm sure I'll be using this set again in the near future!).  I started cutting out the tiny little florals and leaves to add to a cute wreath that's part of the set, but I got a little side-tracked and suddenly I was creating my own frame with the little die cuts.


It was a tedious process to place each die cut, but I honestly don't mind that kind of tedium sometimes.  It's nice to just sit and fuss and not be in a rush.  I hadn't used purple for any of my release projects so I built my little frame on a 4"x4" Lilac Grace card.  I used two floral die cuts from It's a Sign, plus the scalloped circle tag from Joyful Jars to create the center.  'Thanks' is stamped and embossed in gold.


Supplies:
Stamps: Simply Sweet: Thanks
Ink: Watermark
Paper: Lilac grace, Winter Wisteria, white
Dies: Simply Sweet: Thanks, It's a Sign: Beautiful, Joyful Jars
Other: gold embossing powder


We're getting so close to the release--just 2 days away!  You'll be able to pick up any of the beautiful products you've seen so far, and there's a bit more tomorrow (including one I designed that I'm VERY excited about!).  Set your alarm--Saturday, June 15th, at 10pm EST!  I'm sure you'll want it all--and if you want more inspiration, the Ink to Paper blog is filled with it!

Comments

  1. I'm not a purple person, but I love your lilac and white card. Actually, I love every single card you've made for this release.It's great to see you on the design team. I'll look forward to seeing what you've designed tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

i do appreciate your comment!
~Rebecca