Papertrey Ink :: Throwback Thursday :: Twinkling Trees


Cue the fireworks and light some sparklers!  It's always fun to realize your favorite stamp and die images can be used for more occasions than their intended purpose.  I took some starry Christmas trees from last year's holiday-themed Twinkling Trees and turned them into a celebratory 4th of July banner on today's Papertrey Ink Throwback Thursday project.  Getting more mileage out of holiday sets is always something to celebrate!


I started by cutting out a few of the smaller triangle trees in white and Enchanted Evening cardstock.  On the white ones, I stamped the Christmas tree shaped star pattern with Pure Poppy and Enchanted Evening ink.


Then...I turned them upside down and they became perfect little flags for an Independence Day banner!  I layered the stamped white flags over the blue ones, adhering starry designs with 3-D foam dots.  You can either snip off the small rectangle that serves as the tree trunk, or you can fold it behind and use it as a hook to wrap over a length of twine.  That would look cute on a card, too.  Also, I'm actually thinking of making a long banner to display in my house.  Plus, this set comes with a larger tree (on which you can actually cut out the stars with a separate die), so as I write this, I'm having the idea to make a big banner!  Goodness, I'm going to have to do that and share it!


I digress...back to my card.  I added 2 blue twine bows at the ends of my garland and a strip of white lace that I sewed to the bottom of the card.  'Happiest' is one of the sentiment builders that comes with the Twinkling Trees stamp set, and I borrowed the '4' and 'th' from Ink to Paper's new Garden Party set.


My mom would have loved this card--she loved decorating for the 4th of July, and her favorite colors were red and blue, so this very much reminds me of her.  I think I will go ahead and make those home decor banners, too.  Happy almost-summer!

Supplies:
Stamps: Twinkling Trees, Garden Party
Ink: Pure Poppy, Enchanted Evening, VersaMark WaterMark
Paper: Pure Poppy, Enchanted Evening, White
Dies: Twinkling Trees
Other: white embossing powder, blue twine, lace, silver thread

Comments