Ink to Paper :: Saturday Showcase :: Simply Sweet: Thanks

I don't think there's such a thing as too many thank you cards. There are so many reasons to be thankful and with Ink to Paper's Simply Sweet: Thanks, making those cards is a treat! When someone does something kind for me, it's such a warm, pleasant feeling. I hoped to invoke that same emotion with my card, featuring happy colors like yellow, pink, and orange, along with those sweet, pretty flowers from the stamp set.


On a Bright Buttercup card base, I layered a panel of Harvest Gold Bitty Big striped paper.  The focal point of the card is the floral wreath stamped in Sweet Blush and then die cut.  I decided to add some extra ruffles around it with gold and white doilies, but I didn't want to cover so much of the yellow stripes.  With a die from the Nesting Basics: Circles, I was able to cut out the centers of the doilies, achieving just the effect I was hoping for!


I stamped and die cut some extra flowers with Summer Sunrise ink, arranging them around the wreath and the sentiment piece.  Some tiny leaves stamped in New Leaf offer a nice pop of green.  The sentiment itself is from the Simply Sweet set and I embossed it in gold.


You should never underestimate the big impact a petite flower can have on your canvas, especially when it has such a bright, cheerful hue to it!


If you haven't been there already, be sure to visit the Ink to Paper blog today because there's a whole parade of beautiful cards to see over there!  And while you're add it, be sure to enjoy your weekend!

Supplies:
Stamps: Simply Sweet: Thanks
Ink: Summer Sunrise, Sweet Blush, New Leaf, Orange Zest, Pale Peony, WaterMark
Paper: Bright Buttercup, white, Bitty Big Harvest Gold
Dies: Simply Sweet: Thanks, Nesting Basics: Circles
Other: white & gold 4" doilies, gold embossing powder

Comments