The Stamp Market :: Lovely Sunshine


I'm popping in on this gloomy Tuesday for a quick post featuring some Stamp Market pretties!  I'm continuing to push myself outside of that comfort zone perimeter, and while I didn't go crazy watercoloring, I did make some backgrounds with my set of Pinkfresh Studio paints.


One of the new April sets (Color Me Happy) from TSM is all about creating color swatches, and while I haven't made a swatchbook yet, I did use some of the visuals and sentiments from that set on my cards.  And due to the paint references, I wanted to use painted background panels.  I chose bright yellow that blends into softer shades for the first card.


I also used the Skinny Upper Alpha dies with gold glitter paper to create the word 'sunshine' and paired it with the stamp 'of all colors, you are my favorite.'  The message is embossed in gold on a scrap of TSM patterned paper from last month's release and matted with a scrap of white lace.


The concept is really simple, but the card is full of bright yellow and lots of shine!


The second card is heavy on the pinks.  I stamped the little 'hello' swatch card in black and then filled in the rectangles with the smaller paint swatch stamp in 3 pink shades--Sweet Blush being the lightest, Hibiscus Burst, and Raspberry Fizz (darkest), all from Papertrey Ink.


I stamped the paintbrush and colored it in with a pink water brush marker, and I thought about painting the handle of the brush as well, until I spotted another idea.  I had already cut out the letters to spell 'lovely' and the negative of the 'O' was softly pointed and mimicked the shape of the handle top.  After a careful snip at the bottom, it fit the space perfectly!


I stitched on some lace, carefully lined up my 'lovely' letters (using 3-D foam dots to lift them off the base), and attached my paint swatch and brush.  A bit of pink twine topped off the card, and I know I've been using those twine bows often lately, but they've been the right touch for all of my recent pink cards!  I'll move onto something else after awhile...



If you haven't had a chance to check out the April release products yet, have a look in the Stamp Market shop.  Amy's been offering big discounts on several of her products so check it out!  The Skinny Upper Alpha dies are on sale right now, too!  Thank you so much for spending a little time with me today!

Comments