Concord and 9th :: April Guest :: Piñata Party!

Hello friends!  It's my second post of the day (there's been no shortage of those lately!) and it's to feature the new Concord and 9th release of Piñata Party!

( If you've come here for the Papertrey Ink Design Tips Post, you can find it HERE. )


Piñata Party is so cute and such a fun stamp and dies set to use with the also recently released Fringe Frenzy kit.  There's a super-cute piñata die and a party hat, plus some fun accessory dies you can use to dress up your piñata, too.  You'll also find some cheeky phrases that are perfect for piñatas in the stamp set.


Since this is a party/celebratory set, I decided I wanted to create a little gift wrap with it.  I covered the top of a box with fringe I made using the Fringe Frenzy kit.  The cheerful yellow and white striped front looks super-festive with all that fringe!


Next I created a gift tag, making a patterned background with one of the stamps in the Piñata Party set.  The repetitive little lines are meant to resemble the fringy crepe paper that covers the form of the piñata, but I also liked the way it made this fun background on my tag.  To that I added a die cut party hat decorated with fringe and a little topper of the glittery pom pom die and a real mini white pom pom.


I die cut 'let's party' out of glitter paper and, after adhering my elements to my tag, it was time to add them to the gift box.  Some watermelon-colored seam binding and fuzzy pink and gold trims completed the look of this oh-so-special package!


One of my favorite things about the piñata die is that it doubles as a unicorn!  I just HAD to create a card featuring the unicorn so I took a 4.25" square white card base and covered it in some yellow and white floral paper.  After cutting out the unicorn, I added the little pink eyelashes and tail, plus the gold horn--three dies that come with the PP set.  The little pink bow was made from a Fringe Frenzy die.


You can find the 'Happy birthday" sentiment in PP and the banner I stamped it on is from FF.  These two sets really work so well together!  Lastly, I tied some pink twine around the top of the card and added a cute pink tassel that I made from pale pink thread.


This card is so girlie and fun!  These products have put me in such a festive mood!  If I wasn't such an introvert, I might even want to go to a party...but I think I'd rather just stay home and make more pretty things with these sets :)


Don't forget to head to the Concord and 9th blog to see what's happening over there.  They'll have more projects, as well as links to the other guests this month.  You can pick up Piñata Party, the Fringe Frenzy kit, and all of the new April releases right now in their shop.  Cheers!

Comments