Concord and 9th :: April Guest :: Flower Patch


I'm back with my 4th post for Concord and 9th and the set we're featuring today is so pretty!  I hadn't ever used one of their Turnabout sets before, but it's pretty fun and easy to use; the hardest part was choosing which colors I wanted to work with for the lovely Flower Patch stamp!


I made 3 cards with the collection, that also comes with some coordinating dies.  If you've never used a Turnabout before, no worries; there are some helpful videos on the CA9 website that will help you.  I made several different turnabout patterns, using 2 of them into card backgrounds and the other one I used as patterned paper for die cutting.


The first card features the latter.  I used the dies that coordinate with Flower Patch images and cut a big bloom from the paper I made.  I cut a few leaves from it, as well.  I still have a bit left over so I can make at least one more project later on.


I cut a couple more stems, some leaves, and the flower center out of glitter paper.  Before positioning all of my floral parts, I adhered some lace over the navy blue background.  My other 2 cards are bright and I felt like going a bit dark with this one.  The card needed a sentiment, of course, so I chose the die cut alphas that spell 'love you so.'  You can see the message used in a different way on the next card, but I love the versatility of being able to use it 2 ways.


Speaking of the next card, I've gone with a sweet and cheerful color scheme here.  A couple of pink tones, aqua, and my favorite happy yellow work together to make this super-pretty background.  I love it so much that I didn't want to cover it all up by adding too much more, so I kept it simple.



You can see the 'love you so' cut out of a banner here.  I chose green because the flowers reminded me of a garden and it's not too often that you see a garden without green in it!  Just a hint of exposed lace underneath the message and a trio of glittery stems on each side complete this card.


Finally, I created a different Flower Patch background.  I only switched out 2 of the colors--the pinks--but adding the dark peach and deep ochre shades create a very different mood.  It's much more subtle, I think.


I cut out another large flower, this time in plain white, and this time to be stamped with a combination of 'to my beautiful' and 'sister.'  (All the included sentiments fit on the flower!)  There's another flower behind it in aqua for a little dimension, and I cut a banner from some yellow watercolored paper I painted last week.  Lastly, I added some gold stems and a few bits of trim for a cluster of embellishments on the bottom third of the card.


Be sure to check out the Concord and 9th blog and shop today to see more of this beautiful stamp set!

Comments