Concord and 9th :: April Guest :: Mail Drop


Yay, it's Friday! We had our first week back to school after 3 weeks off and I'll tell you that I'm exhausted!  Before I hit the weekend, though, I've got a little post for you.  It's Feature Friday at Concord and 9th and we're showcasing Mail Drop which is a super-cute stamp and die collection all about snail mail and mail boxes with a few pretty flowers mixed in.


There are some fun interactive elements in this set, and I've incorporated them into my cards, but for extra ideas, be sure to check out the video for all the details on how to put these guys together--it's really helpful!


My first card features several of the cluster florals in 3 colors on a yellow background.  I made a little envelope from gray paper--the envelope die is also one of my favorites and comes with the set!


The first interactive element I used is the little pull out tag.  There's a special die that creates a slit in your backing paper (and envelope, in this case) so that you can pull the note all the way out to reveal the entire message.  There are several cute stamps that fit in the space for a variety of options.  I chose 'A little note to say hello' and I tried to hide the 'hello' part (even though there's a big can't-miss glittery gold HELLO in the top left corner of the card itself!!!).  That's another die in the set.



My second card is another version of the pull-out note, but this one features a blue post office box, too.  I stamped and embossed 'POST' on the front of the blue box, and then die cut the slit in it and my backing paper.


My little note has a stamped pink heart at the top, and I die cut 'HUGS' in gold paper.  When the note is pulled out, my recipient will get those hugs!


I included the 'pull here' stamp on this card, as well as a few more of those pretty flowers, made to mimic bushes here.


The last card features a mailbox overflowing with happy mail!  It's got another interactive feature and actually uses the same die as the blue mail box; the difference is that the little legs at the bottom fold back and around a base behind it so you can "open" the mailbox.


I used a lot of patterned papers here for a little something different; they're from Pinkfresh Studio's Joyful Day collection.  The 6x6 paper size has smaller versions of the original 12x12 designs and they're perfect small patterns for these sweet little envelopes!  I die cut some of the envelopes while others are stamped and just die cut envelope fronts (no assembly required).  There's a trio of itty bitty hearts that I cut out of gold glitter paper to add to each envelope.


The envelopes are arranged around the mail box and when you open the door, the message inside says it all!


Mail Drop is so much fun and I think you'll love all the interactive and interchangeable pieces it comes with.  Be sure to head over to Concord and 9th blog for more projects, including works by my fellow April guests, Lindsay and Emily.  I can't wait to see what everyone made with this set!  Don't forget to stop by the Concord and 9th shop to order your Mail Drop stamps and dies (and that Fringe Frenzy kit if you haven't gotten it yet!).


I'll be back here real soon!

Comments

Post a Comment

i do appreciate your comment!
~Rebecca