Pinkfresh Studio :: Springtime Cards


Hey there!  I hope you had a nice Easter yesterday!  Ours was nice and mostly relaxed.  I'm jumping right back into sharing today, this time with some cards featuring some Pinkfresh Studio favorites.  I couldn't wait to make more cards with the new Essentials dies!  I have 2 cards made with the Joyful Day collection and a card and tag featuring one of the loveliest older sets, Dainty Botanicals.  On all of my projects I've used at least one of the Essentials dies!



I'm starting out today with this pretty one that's heavy on the warm colors--pink, orange, and yellow.  I gathered a few elements in those hues, like chipboard frames, stickers, and the fabric flag.  I usually lay them all out, testing different layering arrangements to see what I like best, what will work, and what won't.  When I was happy with a tentative layout, I chose one the new Classic Edger dies and made a scalloped edge from True Story 6x6 paper.


For texture, I took a piece of white lace which also has a scalloped edge and put it in between my patterned paper and embellishments.  After adhering the ephemera to the card, I added a pale pink embroidery floss bow that I made.  I still love a bow as a finisher!



For my next card, I chose prints with blues in them, like Perfect Moment and Just Right. I cut a Diagonal Stitched Rectangle frame from Just Right and matted it with Perfect Moment.  Then I spent some time picking and arranging the elements again.  Blue and floral embellishments, plus hints of coral and gold were chosen to bring out the colors in the Just Right paper.




A favorite Essentials set of mine is the set of Classic Words.  I cut the Celebrate backer from the 6x6 print of Just Right and the in-line Celebrate from gold glitter paper.  Additions of lace and a coral bow top off this card.


Moving on to the projects made from the Dainty Botanicals stamps and matching dies, I chose the colors because they are similar to the ones found in Joyful Day.  It's a beautiful color combination and I hoped it would make for some pretty stamped pieces.


I stamped and cut the stems from each color, then fanned them out on my card.  I added some smaller details die cut from gold glitter paper, and even a couple leafy puffy stems found in the Joyful Day Puffy Phrase Stickers.  They're gathered together and "tied" with a pink floss bow.


I cut the Happy Birthday bubble from glitter paper and the in-line in plain white, then added a small strip of lace at the bottom to balance out the card.


The tag is one of the new Essentials: Classic Tags--I'm so, so excited to have Pinkfresh tag dies now!!  A similar floral spread that banks to the left is topped off with an arced "happy little moments" piece of JD ephemera.


At the bottom, another strip of lace, and the Thank You word die cuts.  A bit of trim through the hole at the top allows for the tag to be attached to a pretty package, and the tag is complete!



The Essentials dies add so many fun, subtle details to my cards now, and I'll be using the Classic Words on many of my projects.  If you haven't checked out the Essentials line yet, go have a look!  I'll see you back here real soon!

Comments