The Stamp Market :: Tags for Christmas & Beyond!


Hello there!  If you're like me, you might have a few gifts left to wrap and give out, even after Christmas is behind us.  Whether they're for out of town relatives, friends you'll be seeing after the holidays, or unexpected guests dropping in for a surprise visit, not all of my wrapping gets done before December 25th.  With that in mind, I thought I'd share some gift tags that can be used for Christmas, and with a few simple tweaks, the same tags can also be used for other occasions.


This month, The Stamp Market released some good staple dies, like Nested Circles and rectangular frames (Stitched Shaker Windows).  These are firstly to create shaker projects with, but they also have other uses--like tags!  With a couple of the circle dies, and the new Just Lines and Floral Canvas background stamps, I created the foundation for my tags.


It's easy enough to turn a Christmassy tag into an anytime tag, and it's just as easy to do it vice versa.  A lot depends on the colors and sentiments you choose.  These 2 tags both utilize the Floral Canvas background; I chose red, pink, and green with a Christmas sentiment for one, and some spring-time colors and a neutral sentiment for the other.  Florals are beautiful for any occasion, so why not Christmas, too?  The new Beautiful Bouquet stamps and dies were the perfect additions to these tags.



As I mentioned before, simply changing the colors on the tag can make a huge difference to a its appearance.  If you pair red and green together, I almost always think of Christmastime, even if there is nothing else to suggest it is specifically for the holiday.  The bit of deep red twine with the bright green floral background makes this feel Christmassy to me.



On the other hand, this matching tag with pale yellow twine and coral florals feels decidedly un-holiday to me.



My final tags make use of the die cut frame from the circles I've cut out for other tags.  I chose this navy Just Lines frame for my holiday tag, adding some leafy branches of cactus cardstock and a big red bow.  'Happy Christmas' in Blush Pink and Cherry Kisses inks definitely make this tag feel festive!


I went from 'Happy Christmas' to 'Happy Birthday' for the non-Decemberish counterpart, choosing more florals from Beautiful Bouquet and some lighter ribbon and fuzzy yarn.


Did you have a favorite gift tag or greeting card that you made for the holidays this year?  Why not follow some of these tips and recreate it for the next birthday, congratulations, or thank you gift you give?  A few simple swaps offer a way to re-use your favorite designs, and in the process, may save you some time thinking up new ideas.


Thank you so much for spending this time with me.  I hope you're having a fantastic weekend!

Comments