DCWV :: Petal Paper :: Gift Wrap

Hello!  I'm excited to introduce DCWV Petal Paper--it's gorgeous thick crepe paper that's available in multiple sizes and colors.  As the name suggests, it's perfect for creating paper flowers, but it's also nice for other things--like gift wrap, which is the focus of my project today.


Due to the different sizes you can find--from simple measurements like 6" x 6" and 12" x 12", to longer sheets like 10" x 49" and 19" x 36", it's suitable for wrapping up packages of any shape and size.  *It does have some stretch to it so you'll want to keep that in mind as you wrap and have strong adhesive on hand.


My boxes aren't too big, but I used the Petal Paper in the 10" x 49" (purple) and 19" x 36" (orange) and trimmed it to fit.  The paper offers such a nice texture--something a little different than normally smooth wrapping paper.  It's also thick while remaining pliable, which is another reason it's so nice to use as gift wrap.


To accompany my Petal Paper-covered boxes, I created some simple flowers by using the We R Memory Keepers 2" Scallop Circle Clear Cut Punch to punch out a few layers for the flowers.  Because crepe paper isn't rigid, I found it easier to punch 2 layers at a time to obtain a clean cut.


I punched out 5 scallop circles for each flower, adding a drop of adhesive in the center of each one for a loose fit (meaning there was a bit of a ruffle around the edges).  To top off the flowers I added some pre-made paper flower stickers from Dear Lizzy.


Ribbon and twine accessorize each gift and offer a spot to place the flowers I made.  I also added a tassel to each package, made with the WRMK Tassel Loom and peach crochet thread.


A few die cut shapes from Dear Lizzy's She's Magic collection, as well as a sentiment created from gold glitter alpha Thickers finish off each present.


I'll have a couple more projects featuring the DCWV Petal Paper in the coming weeks so I hope you'll come back soon for those--I can't wait to make some actual paper flowers with this gorgeous crepe paper!

Comments