Spellbinders :: January Cardmaking Kit :: Love the Moment


Hey there!  How is 2020 treating you so far?  Mine is going pretty well.  We're keeping busy and had a nice family trip earlier this month.  Then it was back to work and back to playing with pretty things!  Today I'm sharing what I created with the Spellbinders January Card Kit, Love the Moment.  This kit is all about enjoying life and friends and creating adventures, and it has some beautiful florals in it!


Also included in the kit are 11 dies, a stamp set, a 6x6 patterned paper pad, glitter leaves, die cut shapes (always 2 of each!), layered sticker pack, and the usual coordinating cardstock, premade cards and envelopes, and adhesives.  The paper pad and layered stickers are extras and are available to purchase without committing to the whole kit (they do come in the kit, too, but are also available as add-ons).


By accident, all of my cards today feature the floral die cuts--I guess I couldn't help myself!  I made a couple of the cards before our trip and the other two after, and clearly I couldn't get enough of them!  The first share has a beautiful background of marbled lavender with gold foil in it.  So much of this beautiful kit is foiled!


I layered up some die cuts--leaves and florals--and added a pretty black tag with a row of foiled heart stickers (they look black in the photo, but that's just how the light reflected off the shiny gold).


I don't think I'll ever get sick of clustering elements together, and you may well be able to tell on all of my cards with this kit!  I also somehow ended up with all the clusters on the left side of the canvas; it just feels like the right spot for them, I suppose.


The focal point of the next card is a layered 'friend' frame sticker and it's surrounded by more florals.  I used some paper scraps to create some extra layers of color and graphics against the black patterned paper background.


'You are made of gold' is a die cut strip with gold foil letters, and to tie in the foil, there's a layer of it under the black paper--there is a full sheet of both silver and gold foil cardstock in the kit this month.  The final details are some gold colored gem stickers for a little added bling!


To finish off this trio of purples, pinks, gold, and black-focused cards is this one featuring a gold cloche and a 'grateful' sentiment.  The cloche is another of the layered stickers and you'll also notice a gold glittery branch--there is a whole pack of those and they are beautiful!


The florals for this card come mostly from the patterned paper, though there is a detail on the layered sticker, as well.  I chose some different die cut pieces to create extra layers of color and design under the cloche, including a tag that I used upside down and to which I tied some black twine.  A pretty butterfly finishes off this card.


My last card, while still involving florals, is different overall from the others.  I used the metal dies to make and assemble the car, using the foil cardstocks.  My son thought the car was awesome!  It's so detailed but is really easy to put together.  The little flag that says 'take the scenic route' is from a layered card sticker, but it wasn't too difficult to remove and use here with this car instead.


I added another sticker that speaks to having adventures as well as a die cut of different florals as the backdrop for the car.  A few gems add some extra shine to the overall picture.


Thanks so much for being here today!  You can find all of the Card Kit Membership information HERE (This link is the same for each monthly kit).  You can find the Add-Ons HERE (just look for LOVE THE MOMENT in the product title).  Information about all Spellbinders clubs can be found HERE.  If you have any questions I can help you with, please feel free to leave a comment and I'll do my best to get an answer to you :)

Comments