Ink to Paper :: Organization :: Stamps


Hey there! Happy New Year!!  As I mentioned in my post a couple of days ago, it's that time when I always think "out with the old, in with the new" and "organize all the things"!  I started with my metal dies, which you can read about HERE.  Today, I'm following suit with my Ink to Paper stamp collection.



I don't really have a professional storage system; my baskets of stamps sit on a shelf in my craft closet and I take them out when I need them.  The baskets are handy, because I can carry them to my desk, flip through, and choose the set(s) I want to work with for that day's crafting session.


Ink to Paper's Hold 'N Fold storage pockets are the perfect answer to storing stamp sets, especially if they are double sets and/or have coordinating dies.  I store my Hold 'N Fold in baskets so I can see the stamp set name on the spine.



Because I don't have Hold 'N Fold envelopes for all the stamp sets, I use large stamp and die plastic pockets.  In the post about die storage, I mentioned that I like to keep all the coordinating stamps and dies together in the same pocket, whether it's Hold 'N Fold or plain pockets.  It just makes it a lot easier when they are in one place since I'll most likely be needing both items when they're in use.



I like to separate my stamps into sections by theme with simple cardstock labels--and they're hand-written.  Sorry, I'm not so organized that I've typed out a label for each set, but maybe someday I'll accomplish that.  For now, I'm just happy I got this far!  (Example: I have sections for sentiments, Christmas, other holidays, and ongoing series like It's a Sign and Simply Sweet.)


I have small tin trays to hold mini stamp sets, which are divided into sections as well. I found the tray a long time ago, but bread tins will work well, too, if you're looking for a similar container.  I also keep a few smaller dies in this tin, too, so they don't get lost or forgotten.



I hope you got some ideas for your own crafty space--it really doesn't need to cost loads of money to get organized.  I have a tiny space and I find this works well for me.  It's affordable and functional :)

Supplies:
Hold 'N Fold Storage Pockets
Large Stamp & Die Storage Pockets (Avery Elle)

Comments