Ink to Paper :: January 2020 Release :: Day One

Hey there!  It's the first monthly release of the new year at Ink to Paper!  It's a new year but the release is still full of the same great ITP products you're used to.  I've just gotten home from a nice family vacation so I'm on a bit of a shortened schedule today, with just one project for you instead of two.  Please welcome the Balloon Wishes stamp and die collection and Border Bling: Dotted Skinny Frame!


I started by cutting the Dotted Skinny Frame out of paper I'd watercolored with the Bright Buttercup re-inker.  (The die cuts out a skinny frame with a line of embossed dots that go around it; the dots don't cut out--FYI.)  I've got a few panels of watercolored papers in my favorite hues that are all set to go when I want to use them.  Projects take a bit longer to complete when you have to paint the panels and let them dry, so whenever I get out my re-inkers to do this, I make a whole bunch!  You might be able to tell that I also used some Aqua Mist and Melon Berry color-washed papers to die cut some balloons and hearts.


The balloon stamps offer a set of brushed lines so you can create designs with them, which is how I created the Bright Buttercup heart balloons.  (I made them with regular ink, not re-inkers.)


The background is brushed with Bright Buttercup ink for a subtle color, but the Skinny Frame border stands out because it's a lot darker.  You can do so much with simple products--re-inkers, water, and a paintbrush; ink and stamps; or ink and a blending brush--one color, so many variations!


After I stamped some strings for the balloons, I stamped my sentiment, put together from the different words in the Balloon Wishes stamp set.  To top off the card, I added a few confetti sequins for a little extra shine on this celebratory birthday card.


Be sure to head to the Ink to Paper blog (if you haven't been already) to see the other introductions today, and of course to see what my amazing teammates have created from their endless pools of talent!  All the new products will be available in the Ink to Paper shop on January 15 at 10pm EST.  Have a wonderful weekend!

Supplies:
Stamps: Balloon Wishes
Ink: Bright Buttercup, True Black
Paper: White, watercolor
Dies: Balloon Wishes, Border Bling: Dotted Skinny Frame
Other: Re-inkers (Bright Buttercup, Aqua Mist, Melon Berry), blending brush, sequins

Comments