Ink To Paper Create-A-Thon - Nov 10

Hello and thanks for joining me here for today's Ink to Paper Create-A-Thon project!  We're covering some awesome sets today, including Critter Carolers, Happy Happy Holidays, and the Go-To Gift Card Holder: Snow Globe.  I combined them all into a darling gift card holder.


Who doesn't love cute penguins?!  My nieces and nephew live on the opposite coast from us so gift cards are always my first choice when it comes to their Christmas gifts.  The Snow Globe Go-To Gift Card Holder paired with that adorable penguin from Critter Carolers, plus a sentiment and some trees from Happy Happy Holidays is perfect for wrapping up gift cards for kids.  I'll probably create a few more of these and just swap out the critters and colors depending on who I'm making it for.  The last time I used the Snow Globe dies, I made shaker ornaments, again pairing them with the Happy Happy Holidays phrases.  HHH messages fit so neatly inside the globe (or ornament), and the sweet animals are a fun addition.


The best way I found for assembling the snow globe as a gift card holder was as follows:
- Cut 2 large circles and 2 bases
- Cut a Go-To Gift Card Slider
- Place it behind the front circle (where your design is); I used washi tape to keep it in place
  *This is how I know where to put adhesive around the back of the circle edge
- Adhere the 2 circles together and there will be an opening for the slider
- Carefully remove the washi and adhere the base to the bottom of the front circle
  *Only put adhesive on the upper portion of the base die cut where it attaches to the snow globe circle
- Adhere the second base to the back snow globe circle, aligning it with the front base


That should do it for the assembly!  For the front of my snow globe, I embossed the sentiment and penguin with black embossing powder, then used markers and ink to color in little bits of both.  I stamped a few evergreen trees around the penguin; those images are from Happy Happy Holidays.  To keep the penguin warm and cozy, I die cut a scarf for her, embossing it in white and coloring it in with a blending pen and Berry Sorbet ink.


I used a blending brush with Pale Peony ink to add some color to the otherwise white background, then adhered some 1/8" hole-punched circles randomly to mimic the snow that falls inside a snow globe.  I thought the base was the perfect spot to write in my niece's name so a stamped 'to:' was in order.


I can't wait to make a few more of these and send them on their way this December!  Be sure to check out the Ink to Paper blog for more ideas and remember there's a weekly contest to win $100 to spend in the ITP shop!  See you again real soon!


Supplies:
Stamps:  Critter Carolers, Happy Happy Holidays, Just Sentiments: To & From Essentials
Ink: Pinefeather, Berry Sorbet, Pale Peony, watermark
Paper: Sweet Blush, white
Dies: Critter Carolers, Go-To Gift Card Holder: Snow Globe, Go-To Gift Card Slider
Other: white & black embossing powder, red & green markers, blending brush

Comments

Post a Comment

i do appreciate your comment!
~Rebecca