Ink to Paper :: Create-A-Thon - Nov 22

What a week it's been!  I'm popping in quick with today's Ink to Paper Create-A-Thon edition.  We're looking back at Tag Creations: Joyful Jars dies, Joyful Jars Mini stamp set, and Just Sentiments: To & From Essentials.


Tag Creations: Joyful Jars is one of my favorite die collections.  The jar itself is a nice die to have because you can 'fill' it with lots of paper treats--stars, hearts, flowers, etc.  I'll admit that all of the tiny little leaves and floral building dies are a bit intimidating to me, and putting the bouquets together takes me quite awhile, yet when it's complete, I always love the way it looks and it's so FULL!  I'm a layer-lover at heart so the finished piece with its many different segments is worth the tedium of carefully placing each part of the whole.  Besides, I find that the more of these sprays I make, the easier they are to finish :)


After die cutting the shapes from a Christmas palette of  watercolored papers, they sure do make a pretty holiday bouquet!  I created all of my watercolor shades from Limeade Ice, Sweet Blush, and Pure Poppy re-inkers.  I added a couple of drops of Sweet Blush to the Pure Poppy wash to get that lighter shade of red.


I colored a solid panel of watercolor paper with the Sweet Blush to cut out the jar parts and stems I adhered along the edges of the card.


'With love' is embossed on a small stitched rectangular banner and 'this holiday season' is embossed on a slightly larger frame.  I'm already loving the colors of this bouquet so much that I'm hoping to find some time to create a few more this season.  I'd love to use these as tags with a Christmas cactus for the kids' teachers, as it reminds me of one a little bit.


As always, I'm so glad you spent a little of your time with me today.  You can find more inspiration and a fun contest on the Ink to Paper blog, so be sure to swing by!


Supplies:
Stamps: Joyful Jars, Just Sentiments: To & From Essentials, Season of Joy
Ink: Watermark
Paper: Limeade Ice, watercolor
Dies: Tag Creations: Joyful Jars, Hanging Frames: Stitched Layers, Banner Builder: Basics
Other: Re-Inkers: Limeade Ice, Sweet Blush, Pure Poppy; silver embossing powder, twine

Comments

  1. The investment of time certainly paid off, the bouquet is lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

i do appreciate your comment!
~Rebecca