Ink to Paper :: Create-A-Thon - Nov 20

We're on the homestretch of Ink to Paper's month-long Create-A-Thon.  We're looking at a couple of non-holiday sets today--Beachy Keen and Bon Voyage--and I wanted to show you an example of how you could turn them into something a little more festive.


Having grown up in New York, there's nothing I love more than a white Christmas and the smell of a real evergreen tree.  I moved out to California in my 20s and still remember the strangeness of my first holiday season in Southern CA--there was zero snow, it was 70 degrees outside, and every palm tree was wrapped in white string lights!  All these years later, it's become second nature, so a Christmas card featuring the palm trees of Beachy Keen is completely normal!


These 'warm wishes' are going out to all the folks currently experiencing freezing temperatures, which might have them considering hopping on a plane and seeking out warmer weather.  I was specifically looking for a 'warm wishes' sentiment that would fit in the ribbon banner from the Bon Voyage set and was so excited to find that Just Sentiments: Be Merry had just what I needed; all I had to do was separate the words, which was simple enough with a little masking technique courtesy of cello tape.


I stamped a blue sky background behind my palm tree and used the new Border Bling dies to capture the essence of the white string lights that adorn all the trees in SoCal at this time of year.  But don't get me wrong--I still love a real fir tree and would definitely prefer a cold, white Christmas to a balmy sunny one!


Supplies:
Stamps: Beachy Keen, Bon Voyage, Just Sentiments: Be Merry
Ink: Pure Poppy, Aqua Mist, Limeade Ice, Simply Chartreuse, Dark Chocolate, True Black
Paper: Limeade Ice, Pure Poppy, Aqua Mist, White
Dies: Beachy Keen, Bon Voyage, Border Bling: Frame Base, Border Bling: String Lights, Border Bling: Stitched
Other: twine

Comments