Ink to Paper :: Create-A-Thon - Nov 25

Happy Monday, friends!  It's another day of the Ink to Paper Holiday Create-A-Thon with a couple of my personal go-to stamp sets that we're high-lighting: Framing Florals and Loosely Woven.


There is probably not an Ink to Paper stamp set that I use more than Framing Florals.  Between the leaves, blooms, and frames, I frequent this set so often that I don't even bother putting it away anymore; I just tuck it into a corner on my desk that's within arm's reach.  It's a breeze to use, has enough different leaves for easy layering, and the frames and sentiments work for both cards and tags.  It's not only useful for everyday occasions, but when the images are stamped in shades of red and green, they make for a beautiful holiday card.


For the leaves, I did my favorite color matching technique for 2-step stamps, which is to stamp the outline of the design in the natural ink color, (Pinefeather here), and then stamp the interior in a slightly lighter version of that same color by stamping it first on scrap paper, and then stamping the image.  Because it's the same ink color, it's a perfect match every time!  I used the same process for the florals, with the darker ones done in Pure Poppy and the lighter ones in Pale Peony.


I stamped and embossed one of the Framing Florals frames in white, then used ink blending to brush on a mix of Pale Peony and Berry Sorbet ink for a light pink background.  I arranged the leaves and blooms around the frame, leaving just enough space to stamp 'Peace & Joy' and place a trio of white sequins.


I love the pairing of Framing Florals with Loosely Woven, too, which is easily my go-to background.  It can be subtle or obvious, depending on the ink color used, and goes well with any type of theme.  The size of this card is about 4 1/8" x 6 1/8" so I could feature a Pure Poppy Loosely Woven background with a white border around it (and a red border around that).  My very last card for the Holiday Create-A-Thon might just be my most favorite!


Make sure you visit the Ink to Paper blog today and every day this month for some fun facts, a contest, and of course, 30 days of holiday inspiration!

Supplies:
Stamps: Framing Florals, Loosely Woven, Season's Greetings
Ink: Pinefeather, Pure Poppy, Pale Peony, Berry Sorbet, watermark
Paper: Pure Poppy, white
Dies: Framing Florals
Other: white embossing powder, sequins, blending brush

Comments