The Stamp Market :: Hello Palm Leaves!

Hey there!  How have you been?  The kiddos headed back to school last week so it's been hectic/strangely quiet around the house.  I know that sounds like a paradox, but it's true!  It's quiet for a few hours during the day but when they get home, there's a mountain of homework, snacking, and keeping them busy that occurs.  Then there's the excitement of them making new friends, getting to know their teachers, and settling them back into a routine that works for all of us.  I've been struggling a little with routine myself for awhile, and generally feeling out of sorts with crafty projects.  Photography and Instagram are driving me up the wall, and I have so much STUFF in our tiny space that it's a bit overwhelming at times, yet there never seems to be enough time to organize and purge what I don't need.  I feel some destash giveaways/sales are on the horizon...


Ok, enough of that!  I am actually here to share some cards with you and these are two that I made for something I haven't done in a long time--I made them just because I wanted to--not because I had an assignment, so that was nice :)  I had some die cuts and a few leftovers from projects I made in June during The Stamp Market release and I set aside a little time to create something with them a few days ago.  I'm using the Palm Leaf die and the large Hello dies mainly, with a few bits from other TSM sets.


I watercolored some paper in warm tones and cut the 'Hello' dies from it, getting one in a deep orange, and the other in a peachy color.  I paired the bolder orange with some dark green and vellum palm leaf die cuts and then blended some coral-pink ink onto a white card base.  (BTW, did you see that TSM has brand new blending brushes??  That's so awesome!!  AND they're on sale at the time of this writing!)  Finally, I embossed 'just missing you' in rose gold powder and added a bit of matching thread for detail.


The second card has a lot of yellow hues, mixed with the peach 'Hello' die cut and some pink blossoms from the Citrus Vine set, which I had left over from a card I made for the release.  I die cut a palm leaf from glitter paper and layered it atop a piece of vellum from which a leaf was die cut for the previous card.


There's a frame border from a scalloped notecard cut out, and a scrap of diamond tile black and white patterned paper, as well as a length of gold thread, which all add up to this mixed and matched finished product.


I hope you are having a good Wednesday!  We're almost past the hump and onto the weekend, so that's something to look forward to, right?

Comments