Ink to Paper :: Transformation Tuesday

During Ink to Paper's June release, one of my favorite cards I made was covered in orange and yellow balloons.  It was a simply stamped piece with the focus being the background design comprised of the balloons.  I decided to revisit that card today for Transformation Tuesday and kick it up a notch with die cuts and a new orientation.


The original card was a 4" square, and generally a single layer if you discount a few sequins and the sentiment embossed on vellum.  After stamping and die cutting several balloons in the same original colors (which are stamped-off to achieve the lighter colors), I lay them out on 4" white panel.  Since I didn't intend for this card to be only one layer, I adhered each balloon with a 3-D foam dot to get the desired dimensional effect.


The balloons on the edges hung over the white panel so I trimmed each one, making it flush with the panel border.  Instead of sequins for detail this time, I would a length of coral thread around the balloons to mimic the string to which they might be attached.  Then I adhered the panel to a standard Melon Berry A2 card base.


There was just over an inch at the bottom of the card to fill, which was the perfect fit for the 'celebrate' sentiment.  I stamped and embossed it on a strip of white card base, attaching it to the card with 3-D foam dots for a matching lift.


I still love the original in its simple glory, but the new transformed card is pretty fun, too.  It's still clean and simple, but the bit of dimension it acquired from the foam dots make a big difference, lifting the elements off the page.


Thank you so much for joining me here today!

Supplies:
Stamps: Celebrating You, More of: Celebrating You
Ink: Orange Zest, Bright Buttercup, Pale Peony, WaterMark
Paper: Melon Berry, White
Dies: More of: Celebrating You
Other: gold embossing powder, coral thread, 3-D foam dots

Comments

Post a Comment

i do appreciate your comment!
~Rebecca