Ink to Paper :: July Release :: Day Four


It's our last day of previews before the big Ink to Paper release tomorrow and we're going out with a BANG!


Let's begin with On the Border: Floral Bliss.  It's a beauty and I took the opportunity to create a clean and simple, yet bold and elegant card.  That's why I love this type of die--you can do a lot or a little with it.  For a dramatic statement, I used white against Dark Indigo.


In the center of the floral frame, I embossed 'make a wish' in white.  The contrast is so pretty!  The sentiment comes from a new mini set called Just Sentiments: Birthday, and you guessed it--they're all birthday sentiments!


I felt a little bad about making such a simple card for the release, so I actually paired this card with a decorated envelope.  I took a navy blue envelope as well as the other stamp set we're introducing today called Pleasing Envelopes: Special Delivery, and embossed some of those images in white to match the card.  When I'm ready to address it, I'll use a white gel pen (always a handy tool for dark envelopes!).


If you change the sentiment here, this would make a lovely wedding card!

Supplies:
Stamps: Just Sentiments: Birthday, Pleasing Envelopes: Special Delivery
Ink: WaterMark
Paper: Dark Indigo, White
Dies: On the Border: Floral Bliss
Other: white embossing powder, envelope


Speaking of Pleasing Envelopes, my next paper suite took a lot more time to create!  Pleasing Envelopes: Special Delivery is all about decorating envelopes (hence the name!).  I knew I wanted to do something really colorful and bright after the clean simplicity of the previous project so I gathered some of my most favorite colors--Hibiscus Burst, Honey Nut, Hawaiian Shores, Melon Berry, and Enchanted Evening--and set to work creating a stamped design on a white envelope.


When I started, I had no intention of making a matching card, only to create a pretty envelope for one.  After stamping 'sending love to:' and the address lines in True Black, I went flower by flower, branch by branch, until I had covered the front of the envelope.  I also had no intention of doing the flap, but once I started, I couldn't stop!


When it was all done, I knew I HAD to make a matching card, so I did the same repetitive stamping on a white panel, then matted it onto a Hibiscus Burst base.  I kept the overall design simple, just adding a gold 'thanks' die cut, made with the To Die For: Cursive Thanks die, over a swatch of white lace.


I always get a bit nervous when I'm stamping directly onto a project, but this time, I think, the risk paid off!

Supplies:
Stamps: Pleasing Envelopes: Special Delivery
Ink: Hibiscus Burst, Honey Nut, Hawaiian Shores, Melon Berry, Enchanted Evening, True Black
Paper: Hibiscus Burst, White, gold glitter
Dies: To Die For: Cursive Thanks
Other: lace


That's a wrap!  All of the new stamps and dies will be available to buy tomorrow at 10pm EST in the Ink to Paper shop, so set your alarm!  There is much more inspiration to be seen on their blog, too, so if you haven't been there yet, you might consider making it your next stop.  Thank you so much for spending the last few days with me here--it's been so fun to make and share all of these cards (And envelopes! And gift card holders!) with you!  Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Comments