WRMK :: Foil Quill Valentine's Day Cards


Hello there!  I'm excited to share my first We R Memory Keepers project of 2020.  Valentine's Day is right around the corner and I have a set of heartfelt cards that I made featuring the Foil Quill Pen Tool and my Silhouette Cameo.  It's so easy to create your own paper designs with just a few steps.


First you'll want to choose the designs to work with; mine came from the Amy Tangerine USB drive.  Being that my theme is Valentine's Day, I chose a trio of hearts and an envelope with a heart closure.  I quickly created a design that covered an entire sheet of 8 1/2" x 11 cardstock.  It was simple enough to copy and paste the design a few times to fill up the canvas.



You can resize the original work as needed to suit the area you wish to fill.  I found the original sizes worked just fine.  With the new sheets of 12 x 12 foil, I was able to quickly cover the cardstock, trimming off a small amount of excess.



It took just a few moments to print out with my Foil Quill Pen from my Cameo--I used the pink pen, which is the fine tip.  I used gold foil for the heart design on fuchsia paper and the magenta-pink foil on deep yellow cardstock for the envelopes.


They came out so nice and clean and then it was time to create some cards!


With the addition of some Crate Paper La La Love stickers and ephemera, I was able to whip up some layered cards in no time.  For each card, I made sure that a good bit of my special foiled paper could be seen in the background.



For a bit more flare, I gave each panel a border of diagonal lines, cut out with my Revolution die cutting machine.  This provides a frame for the backdrops to be sure they don't go unnoticed.


After each card had its layers of elements, the final touch for each one was a thread bow I created with The Works All-In-One Tool.  You can follow the basic guidelines for creating pompoms, which can be found in the instruction manual.  By winding the crochet thread around the pegs, and tying off in the middle, you get the makings for the bow; then just snip off the ends and even out with scissors.  I added some gold thread for something extra.


It's so fun to create your own patterned paper--especially when it's foiled and pretty for Valentine's Day!


Supplies:

Foil Quill Fine Tip Pen Tool
Foil Quill 12 x 12 Foil Sheets - Gold Finch
Foil Quill 12 x 12 Foil Sheets - Flamingo
Foil Quill USB Art - Amy Tangerine
Revolution Die Cutting Machine
The Works All-In-One Tool

Comments

  1. These are so cute! Love your colors. And I really like the setting for your photos with the sewing notions-thread.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

i do appreciate your comment!
~Rebecca