Alexandra Renke :: Welcome Baby Cards


New baby cards are some of the sweetest to make, and when you have a spread of cute papers and dies to match, they're even more of a joy.  Alexandra Renke has released an adorable collection for welcoming little ones into the world and today I'm sharing 2 cards celebrating it.


Up first is a card for a baby boy, featuring blues and silver with cute bunnies asleep in fluffy clouds.  I added more clouds using a set of dies from the collection.  They are layered in silver foil and blue card stocks.  There are teeny tiny heart and star cut-outs in some of the smaller clouds and I made a few extras to dot around some of the open spaces of paper.


The 'Baby' die is another new item and again here, it's layered in blue and silver to give it some extra depth.  While you can't see it in the piece I used, this (international version) 12 x 12 sheet of patterned paper with the bunnies and clouds has 'welcome' words spread throughout the page.  I trimmed one out, coupling it with the 'Baby' die cut for a complete message.


For the baby girl card, I chose a paper with a darling elephant curled up in a crescent moon.  From the paper I used in the baby boy card, I fussy-cut one of the cloud bunnies to layer at the bottom of the moon.



I used the outlines of clouds cut from gold foil paper to accent the patterned paper panel.  The 'little one' sentiment is done with an older set of peach-colored Thickers.  I had some scraps of gold and pom-pom trims within arm's reach while making this card and they were a perfect addition of color and texture.


You can find all of the new Baby items on the Alexandra Renke website--if they are out of stock, I'm sure they will be back in very soon!  The collection of papers is called 'Lena's Baby' if you're searching for it in US shops.  I'll be sharing more cards and projects from this collection and more over the next few weeks!

Comments