Pinkfresh Studio :: Monogram Tags 3 Ways

Hello!  I hope you've been enjoying the first few days of autumn (if you're in the northern hemisphere, that is; otherwise, happy spring!).  We're nearing October and that means inching closer to the holidays and gift-giving.  I'm always looking for fun ways to wrap gifts, especially around this time of year, so I've created some pretty tags today with Pinkfresh Studio dies and Just a Little Lovely papers.  My tags are mostly the same, save for some minor additions, but I'm showing you different ways to use these versatile (and personalized!) pretties.  While there aren't any holiday-specific designs today--you'll have to wait until next month for those--you can absolutely take these ideas and apply them to your Christmas presents by swapping out papers and colors.


I started with a basic design by choosing the Inverted Stitched Scallop Circles die.  To create 4 tags, I cut 4 large circles from patterned papers, then cut 4 more circles with the scalloped centers in contrasting designs.  My idea was to create monogram tags with the new Kelly Alpha dies.  The scalloped circle edges make the perfect frame for the uppercase letters and with a little embellishing, you've got the makings for gift tags or even cards.


Aside from the Kelly Alphas, I wanted to add a little something extra to each tag so I chose the Leafy Branch die to cut some detailed leaves.  I used the same papers I used to create the circles, and for a couple of tags, I added gold foil branches, too.  The branches are sandwiched between the tag base and the scalloped frames.


Before I adhered the the scalloped frames, I gently bent the scallops up with my fingers.  This creates a bit of dimension.  The final stage to the 4 tags was the alpha; I chose the uppercase design for their size and because I wanted these to resemble a classic monogram style.


Now that I had my circle tags done, it was time to use them and I want to show you some different ways to use them; I think you'll find them easy to make and incredibly versatile!  My first idea was as a gift topper.  They're roughly 4 inches, so they're a nice size for both large and small gifts.


I used this blue and pink one on a square gift box, adding a navy blue ribbon detail to it.  Applied this way, they make pretty hostess gifts or favors, but really, they'll work for any gift for anyone!  Apply a bit of double stick tape or glue to the back of the tag and stick it directly to the box.


You can also use them to top rectangular boxes, such as this lighter colored tag with blue and purple detail.  Every box needs a bow, and this one is a stamped and die cut bow from the new Floral Vase set.  A touch of purple grosgrain ribbon around a kraft paper-wrapped box is the only extra you'll need to make your tag stand out in the crowd.


If you're giving a gift bag or want to hang your tag, that's a possibility as well.  I thought this tag would pair well with a wedding gift--the monogram being the initial of the newlyweds' last name, of course!  After punching a hole at the top of the tag, I strung peach seam binding and twine through it so it can be tied onto a package instead of stuck on like the previous tags.


Wishing to add an extra touch, I cut a tiny tag from some of the black and white floral paper, using the Lovely Frames die.  There are lots of sizes and shaped tags to choose from if you use the negatives from that cover-size die.  This one had the right amount of space to stamp and emboss 'joy and love' across it.  I punched a small hole through one end and strung the peach twine through it.


Finally, if you aren't interested in making a tag at all, no problem--this design works perfectly on cards, too!  I've used it here on a 4" square card, popping it up with foam adhesive to give it some dimension.  I added a 'Birthday wishes' stamped sentiment under the H initial to make this an official birthday card.


This is the kind of tag you can make in advance, whipping up several at a time, and adding initials and/or sentiments when you're ready to use them.  The personalized touch with the monograms won't go unnoticed, and you'll be ready for whenever and wherever you need these tags--on a gift box, gift bag, or even a card.  Happy wrapping!


Comments